Prospect Info: Who is the Canucks #1 prospect?

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'd say Jensen until someone can dethrone him. He's fresh off of a season where he scored 17 goals in 55 games in the SEL as a 19 year old rookie, that's a feat that neither Horvat nor Shinkaruk can claim. His AHL showing following that was unimpressive, but he likely just needs an offseason to readjust to the smaller ice surfaces. Horvat has had an impressive showing in Junior this past season, but until he at least builds on that offensively, or shows us something at the pro level, I'd say Jensen is our guy.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
1. Horvat
2. Shinkaruk
3. Jensen
4. Gaunce
5. Corrado
6. Lack(injury, could be higher)

HFboards always does this. The most recent draft picks are always rated highest.

I think Lack, Horvat, Gaunce and Corrado will have the most impact in the NHL in that order. Gaunce and Lack will make the Canucks first.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
HFboards always does this. The most recent draft picks are always rated highest.

I think Lack, Horvat, Gaunce and Corrado will have the most impact in the NHL in that order. Gaunce and Lack will make the Canucks first.

To be fair. Horvat is the highest pick of our prospects so it's not all just hype. I would put Jensen at #2 though. Then probably Corrado

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011

Why shouldn't Horvat be our #1 prospect?

We haven't had a draft pick higher than 10 since 1999. The closest we've had since then is two #10s (Bordon in '05 and Hodgson in '08).

If we're picking within the top 10 and that player isn't our highest ranked prospect, I'd be worried we're doing something wrong. Otherwise what the heck are we giving up Schneider for?!?

Pseudonymous*

Im waiting to answer this thread until after training camp, or atleast until after tonight, when i see them live. As of now, its Jensen. I like to see players first hand. I can't say i watched Horvat's team or Shinkaruk's

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Jensen and then Lack I would think.

Edit - Are Ericsson and Corrado considered prospects? Corrado pretty much is a lock to graduate.

Why couldn't Eriksson be considered a prospect? 23 years old, 0 NHL/AHL games. He spent time in the SEL, but so has Jensen so that shouldn't disqualify him from the discussion.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I voted for Jensen mainly because we've seen what he can do at a higher than CHL level and he's looked good. When we see more from Bo and Hunter and see that their potential is becoming reality I think they have every chance to leapfrog him, but for now he gets my vote.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I voted for Jensen mainly because we've seen what he can do at a higher than CHL level and he's looked good. When we see more from Bo and Hunter and see that their potential is becoming reality I think they have every chance to leapfrog him, but for now he gets my vote.

We've also seen what Jensen can't do in the AHL... Good prospect but he's certainly overrated around here. Bo has a higher ceiling and much higher floor. Was tempted to pick Shinkaruk but the low bust factor swayed it in favour of Horvat.

arsmaster*

I think Shinkaruk has the highest ceiling of any Canucks prospect. I voted for him.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Why shouldn't Horvat be our #1 prospect?

We haven't had a draft pick higher than 10 since 1999. The closest we've had since then is two #10s (Bordon in '05 and Hodgson in '08).

If we're picking within the top 10 and that player isn't our highest ranked prospect, I'd be worried we're doing something wrong. Otherwise what the heck are we giving up Schneider for?!?

I wasn't arguing Horvat. I don't think Shinkaruk is above Gaunce and Jensen. Actually, Shinkaruk is probably the lowest prospect on his list right now.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Is this for most-NHL ready or highest upside?

I based it on overall. So both.

While Jensen certainly has promise. He has struggled and his ceiling is simply not as high as Horvat right now. Putting up 17 goals in SEL is impressive, but he cannot seem to translate that overseas skill thus far. Until we see otherwise, I have to give the nudge to some of the newer kids.

0) Corrado (Graduated)
1) Horvat
2) Shinkaruk
3) Jensen
4) Gaunce
5) Lack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad