OT: Who is the best player PC brought here ?

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I'm on the fence with this one.

I rather have people not include Zee, Savard and Tuukka cause this is a slippery road.

Obviously some will say the Kessel trade witch is fine but we now traded 2 guys that were good for 80pts and could get 30goals

Recchi
Hamilton
Seids
Horton
Krug

I wouldn't call these massive but are important.

Wonder what others thought and when you think PC brings us the 80pt player or is Claude system always going to prevent it ?

Last edited:

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
In my opinion, probably Horton. Hamilton will most likely be the best on your list though.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I know he wasn't officially working in Boston during the 2006 draft, but didn't he still have some type of say in the picks? Same thing for Chara and Savard being signed that offseason.

Without including any of those, I'd say Seidenberg. I can understand saying Seguin, but he only became elite after he left Boston. I'd argue Seidenberg was better/more important than Seguin was here.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
I'd argue Seidenberg, Horton, or Boychuk. Honorable mention to McQuaid. The Kessel trade was a thing of friggin beauty until he ruined it with the Seguin trade.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Horton. He had the biggest impact, imo.

Here's my prob w/ excluding Z and Savvy, would they have signed here knowing the old regime was intact?

Unfair to include them, also unfair not to.

member 96824

I think while the answer is Dougie

The right answer is "The identity." It's hard to answer this question without thinking of Recchi, Ference, Thornton, Boychuk, Ward, Paille, Kobasew. The guys that won't be in anyone's answer here, but were such a giant part of the resurgence.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts

The right answer is "The identity." It's hard to answer this question without thinking of Recchi, Ference, Thornton, Boychuk, Ward, Paille, Kobasew. The guys that won't be in anyone's answer here, but were such a giant part of the resurgence.

Glen Metropolit was a revelation in 2007-2008.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
not sure, but getting recchi was his best trade (I actually was quite opposed to it at the time...turned out wrong about both lashoff and karsums). and overall, chia has made some pretty bad trades IMO (I did like the ference deal though).

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
not sure, but getting recchi was his best trade (I actually was quite opposed to it at the time...turned out wrong about both lashoff and karsums). and overall, chia has made some pretty bad trades IMO (I did like the ference deal though).

The Bitz + picks for Seids and Bart was pretty great.
The Horton trade was a huge turning point too. Just Horton alone was enough to win the deal, but Campbell really solidified the 4th line which had a hard time find a permanent center before him.
Paille is an underrated pickup for Chia as well.
Also Boychuk. And Ference. And McQuaid....

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I would say Recchi, but Hamilton shouldn't count, he fell into his lap, shouldn't have been there in the first place at that point in the draft, a lab monkey would have taken Hamilton.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

Yeah this is a different twist.

Hmm.. it's was like watching someone fix clocks/watches ..each part alone in the right spot had this team working to the sec. and when a spring, battery or gear was getting loose he'd order new parts. :D

This year he's handcuff. :crossfing ordering a part we couldn't afford (Iggy) we all wanted to work :nod: but it didn't. :(

Deadline and Draft could actually be fun this year as a Bruins fan ;)

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I liked Thornton pick up. At first I scoffed at the price, but quickly warmed up to him in the early years. Solidifying line 4 w Campbell and Paille , and adding much needed NHL quality bite to the team.

No glitz and glam like some others, but 2007 the team changed and I believe Thornton had a huge part in that.

No, not the "best" player - but I think the "best" bruin.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I liked Thornton pick up. At first I scoffed at the price, but quickly warmed up to him in the early years. Solidifying line 4, and adding much needed NHL quality bite to the team.

No glitz and glam like some others, but 2007 the team changed and I believe Thornton had a huge part in that.

No, not the "best" player - but I think the "best" bruin.

you meant shean Donovan, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad