Voting Results:
1. Brandt Clarke, D (98.8%)
2. Alex Turcotte, F (37.7%)
3. Francesco Pinelli, F (47.5%)
4. Alex Laferriere, F (34.3%)
5. Martin Chromiak, F (33.9%)
6. Samuel Fagemo, F (42.6%)
7. Jakob Dvorak, D (23.7%)
8. Koehn Ziemmer, F (24.1% - Tiebreaker vote from me)
9. Kirill Kirsanov, D (37.5%)
10. Erik Portillo, G (43.5%)
11. Samuel Helenius, F (34.9%)
12. Kenny Connors, F (42.9%)
13. Akil Thomas, F (32.3%)
14. Aatu Jamsen, F (25%)
15. Kasper Simontaival, F (42.4%)

Added: Kaleb Lawrence (no nominations)

As always, vote and nominate who should replace him. As a reminder, cut off for this poll is Calder eligibility.

I will not vote in any polls unless there is a tiebreaker.

Just for fun, I decided to make a "lineup" of the players voted. Might be a helpful visual as well and helps people reconcile some of the rankings. There's been a bit less interactivity (which I get, I still appreciate everyone who votes and/or posts), so I don't know if the below visual makes this exercise more or less interesting - the position distribution is a bit lopsided (by my count the Kings have 8 RW, 5 Center, and 6 LW prospects; they also have 8 LHD and 4 RHD prospects) but I'll do my best to keep it as balanced as possible:

Chromiak - Turcotte - Laferriere
Connors - PInelli - Fagemo
Jamsen - Helenius - Ziemmer
LW - Thomas - Simontaival

Dvorak - Clarke
Kirsanov - RD

Portillo

The players who can be added:
Braden Doyle
Cole Krygier
Andre Lee
Juho Markkanen
Ben Meehan
Bulat Shafigullin
Jack Sparkes
Taylor Ward
Jared Wright

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Voting Results:
1. Brandt Clarke, D (98.8%)
2. Alex Turcotte, F (37.7%)
3. Francesco Pinelli, F (47.5%)
4. Alex Laferriere, F (34.3%)
5. Martin Chromiak, F (33.9%)
6. Samuel Fagemo, F (42.6%)
7. Jakob Dvorak, D (23.7%)
8. Koehn Ziemmer, F (24.1% - Tiebreaker vote from me)
9. Kirill Kirsanov, D (37.5%)
10. Erik Portillo, G (43.5%)
11. Samuel Helenius, F (34.9%)
12. Kenny Connors, F (42.9%)
13. Akil Thomas, F (32.3%)
14. Aatu Jamsen, F (25%)
15. Kasper Simontaival, F (42.4%)

Added: Kaleb Lawrence (no nominations)

As always, vote and nominate who should replace him. As a reminder, cut off for this poll is Calder eligibility.

I will not vote in any polls unless there is a tiebreaker.

Just for fun, I decided to make a "lineup" of the players voted. Might be a helpful visual as well and helps people reconcile some of the rankings. There's been a bit less interactivity (which I get, I still appreciate everyone who votes and/or posts), so I don't know if the below visual makes this exercise more or less interesting - the position distribution is a bit lopsided (by my count the Kings have 8 RW, 5 Center, and 6 LW prospects; they also have 8 LHD and 4 RHD prospects) but I'll do my best to keep it as balanced as possible:

Chromiak - Turcotte - Laferriere
Connors - PInelli - Fagemo
Jamsen - Helenius - Ziemmer
LW - Thomas - Simontaival

Dvorak - Clarke
Kirsanov - RD

Portillo

The players who can be added:
Braden Doyle
Cole Krygier
Andre Lee
Juho Markkanen
Ben Meehan
Bulat Shafigullin
Jack Sparkes
Taylor Ward
Jared Wright
I suspect the reduced interaction is a reduction of visibility and therefore strong/valid opinions on each player. Certainly in my case at least.

Reactions: King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I suspect the reduced interaction is a reduction of visibility and therefore strong/valid opinions on each player. Certainly in my case at least.
I understand. I'm definitely not bemoaning that specifically, though it has me honestly wondering if this is more of a nuisance than fun for anyone at this point, but that's my own insecurities creeping out. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing until it seems that it's more problematic.

I do think, if anything, it's an indicator of what type of coverage is lacking and if there are ways to address it, either through us as a collective effort or, since we have Kings media who sees this stuff, if this is something that may be addressed eventually.

I am going to try to collect more video on 2024 draft prospects and, in my efforts, hope to capture some of the Kings prospects as well. We'll see about trying to make some more clips of some of the lesser known prospects, as well. I have a tendency to bite off more than I can chew, though, so no promises :D

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I went with Mania’s offensive upside here.

I honestly don’t have any level of knowledge of the prospects left to nominate anyone, so I’ll throw out Krygier’s name solely because he is intriguing to me.

Vote4Lubo

Axl's other other account
Feb 28, 2016
Antarctica
This list is revealing how bad our 22 draft is looking, even then the picks were 'meh'. Could still turn out to be the best draft from the group

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Ja Mo , Add Ward, been like a dozen time.
I like these polls thanks.
But I think their should be more structure on criteria.
To me a guy that has at least played a few NHL games has proven himself more than any shiny new prospect that hasnt even played in the AH.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Ja Mo , Add Ward, been like a dozen time.
I like these polls thanks.
But I think their should be more structure on criteria.
To me a guy that has at least played a few NHL games has proven himself more than any shiny new prospect that hasnt even played in the AH.
Sorry, past couple times I didn't see the Ward nomination. He would have been a shoe-in with no nominations the past couple times (I also check these threads while logged out to make sure I don't miss nominations from accounts I ignore).

Glad you enjoy the polls.

I understand where you put weight in playing NHL games. Heck, it's valid criteria for your vote. Not everyone has the same criteria, though.

This is just a fun little activity to pass the summer. I just try to use a simple and clear criteria for eligibility. And if I immediately start putting weights on players based on the highest level of competition they played, I'm taking away from the people voting who, hopefully, account for this in some capacity.

That's part of the challenge (and hopefully fun) though, right? How does a 25 year-old who has a career high of 10 points in the NHL stack up to Bedard, who hasn't played an NHL game (I know it's an extreme example, but it's just to illustrate a point).

We have a pool of different players, backgrounds, experiences, roles, and skills, and each voter can put a value to what matters to them by voting. The list isn't, and won't be, perfect. Mine isn't. No team has a perfect list, because we've seen no team make a perfect draft.

If we were to post all of our own lists, I can guarantee they will all be unique. There are 34 players on this list, giving you 2.95 * 10^38 possible combinations.

Anyway, I appreciate your voting and participation. I'm sorry if you don't find it fair or accurate or structured better. Please know I'm trying to keep it as fair as possible and that this poll is more about just trying to have fun than for it to act as a predictor.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Sorry, past couple times I didn't see the Ward nomination. He would have been a shoe-in with no nominations the past couple times (I also check these threads while logged out to make sure I don't miss nominations from accounts I ignore).

I understand where you put weight in playing NHL games. Heck, it's valid criteria for your vote. Not everyone has the same criteria, though.

This is just a fun little activity to pass the summer. I just try to use a simple and clear criteria for eligibility. And if I immediately start putting weights on players based on the highest level of competition they played, I'm taking away from the people voting who, hopefully, account for this in some capacity.

That's part of the challenge (and hopefully fun) though, right? How does a 25 year-old who has a career high of 10 points in the NHL stack up to Bedard, who hasn't played an NHL game (I know it's an extreme example, but it's just to illustrate a point).

We have a pool of different players, backgrounds, experiences, roles, and skills, and each voter can put a value to what matters to them by voting. The list isn't, and won't be, perfect. Mine isn't. No team has a perfect list, because we've seen no team make a perfect draft.

If we were to post all of our own lists, I can guarantee they will all be unique. There are 34 players on this list, giving you 2.95 * 10^38 possible combinations.

Anyway, I appreciate your voting and participation. I'm sorry if you don't find it fair or accurate or structured better. Please know I'm trying to keep it as fair as possible and that this poll is more about just trying to have fun than for it to act as a predictor.
Ya I get it , thanks.
I would almost like to see 2 polls.
I know you got better things to do.
But one for at least one AHL game and one for not pro yet.
Thanks again KP.
Don't be a homer!!
Lol , just kidding about the guy saying that

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

The polls are great and I think I speak for most of us when I say ‘keep up the great work’!!!!

It certainly keeps me entertained and it helps me learn more about our prospects, so your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad