Who is on the Penguins out-of-town or out-of-league practice guest list?

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
Since we've seen both Tyler Kennedy and now Brandon Saad attend the player-run practices, I thought it would be cool to pose the question: Who else is on their out-of-town or out-of-league invite list?

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Anyone else see a picture of Saad? It looked like he was wearing a Pens jersey, inside out.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Saad has said in the past how he looked up to Sid and Geno growing up, so that was probably a cool experience to get to train with Sid today.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Tangradi.. you gotta be kidding me. I literally cannot believe what I am hearing. What about, ****in'.... Brian Holzinger out there. Remember him Brian Holzinger? Can you even imagine that? I'm currently locked in a port-a-john by my co-workers.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Tangradi.. you gotta be kidding me. I literally cannot believe what I am hearing. What about, ****in'.... Brian Holzinger out there. Remember him Brian Holzinger? Can you even imagine that? I'm currently locked in a port-a-john by my co-workers.

Cman man. Lighten up and let tha big dawg eat :sarcasm:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Mackey did a piece today:

http://triblive.com/sports/nhl/8943559-85/saad-trocheck-facility#axzz3jOCpHAi0

“You hear about the facility, but finally coming here and getting to see it, to get in the locker room and get out there on the ice, it's a top-notch facility,†said Saad, a two-time Stanley Cup champion who was traded from the Chicago Blackhawks to the Columbus Blue Jackets this summer. “It just shows how the organization is run.â€

“A lot of fans here already,†said Johns, who was traded from the Blackhawks to the Stars this summer. “You can see the excitement around this organization and the city about hockey.â€

Fifteen players — 13 skaters and two goalies — took part in the up-tempo workout, which ended with a three-on-three scrimmage. Saad, playing on a team with Sidney Crosby, netted the winner.

Skating with Crosby was different for Saad, who never had been on the same team as the Penguins captain. But it wasn't quite as strange as playing against him for the first time.

“It's good to meet him,†Saad said. “He's a great guy, and it's great to be out here training with him.â€

Saad, Trocheck and Johns are in town for a few more weeks and said they envision dropping in on the Penguins again.

Which isn't the worst thing in the world, Trocheck said.

“To be able to skate with these guys is a lot better than skating by yourself,†Trocheck said. “This is definitely helpful.â€

Crosby ran the bulk of the workout, which included drills to emphasize corner battles and odd-man rushes.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
"Crosby ran the bulk of the workout, which included drills to emphasize corner battles and odd-man rushes."

Go puck moving D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad