Who is Konstantin Koltsov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Who is Konstantin Koltsov?
Is he a new rookie who plays for the Penguins?
I've only heard of Kirill Koltsov (rookie for Vancouver), but I've never heard of Konstantin.
Any info on him please? Thanks

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Right-winger, drafted #18th overall in 1999 by Pittsburgh. This is his second season in North America.

He's considered to be one of the fastest players in the game, if not the fastest, but not necessarily a goalscorer. Not yet, anyway.

His speed has gotten him more hype than his scoring prowess, but he's been great all through camp. He'll probably end up on the Pens' opening night roster.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=45141

Pens first round choice back in 1999. He has blazing speed, which is his best asset. If his hands catch up to his feet, he can be amazing (Pavel Bure). BUT, he hasn't shown very good hands at all, or at any level so far. It has been said that he can give you everything but goals.

However, in the offseason he has supposedly worked on his offensive play. All throughout training camp and the preseason he has been making smarter decisions with the puck, and his shot has improved from last year. In short, he looks like a much different player.

Hasn't proven much, but he could really break out this year if he has really improved on his decision making. Due to his speed, which also allows him to get back and cover defensively, I am almost certain he will play on Mario's line to start the season. From there, we will see what happens.

Here is another link about him: http://www.post-gazette.com/penguins/20030914pens0914np3.asp

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
You know a guy is fast when in practice he takes 3 strides and glides past Rico Fata and Martin Straka(both going full speed) just waving goodbye to them as he cruises to the other end of the ice.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
His speed is impossible to explain. I thought I understood how fast he was. I had no idea. When he was called up last year, I was amazed at how he was all over the ice. He just zips around everywhere. He's very agile with his speed too.

In a preseason game in which he scored 3 goals, he actually assisted himself. He dumped the puck through the neutral zone, flew by the defense, caught up with the puck, and scored. There's just no way to describe how fast he is.

EDIT: The poster before me posted the goal I just described.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
He's one of those players that will fill the seats for years to come. He may never be a top tier player but the excitement he can bring to a game is amazing.

What he did in 2 games in the NHL last year...just amazing. If his hands ever develop he'll just be flat out amazing.

He's a playmaker, he'll muck it up, he'll hit, he'll play defense, and, according to Mario Lemieux, he's the fastest skater on the planet(which may be a stretch...but most likely not).

He's my second favorite prospect, behind only Fleury.

And I just finally saw that goal...holy ****ing **** it looks like something strait out of a video game...

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
i deleted real player, are there any other videos out there?

so, he's a faster version of afinogenov?
because that's what we always say about him-"he's really fast, and if his hands ever catch up to him... blah blah blah, bure, blah blah"

jacketracket*

I was at the CBJ game last night, upper bowl, right above Fleury for the 1st and 3rd periods---Koltsov is, how you say....fast! He also looked good around the net on the PP. That pass across the crease to a wide-open Tarnstrom on the backside was beautiful.

GREAT seeing MA in goal---he's amazing, for an 18 yr. old. He's gonna be special.

Robert Paulson*

I've already put down bets for him to with the fastest skater competition when he makes the all star team soon :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad