Who is going to Opening Night?

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Went there last week before our preseason game. First time. Sandwich was great. Potatoes meh but live and learn.

Do they sell half sandwiches? The 18 inches was too much (oh, I ate it).
They don't. I wish they did. I usually have them cut mine into thirds and then either smuggle it into the game (not hard) or stick it in the car.

My favorite is the chicken cutlet but there is no wrong choice on that menu. They have some of the best falafel in the city as a veggie sub.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
They don't. I wish they did. I usually have them cut mine into thirds and then either smuggle it into the game (not hard) or stick it in the car.

My favorite is the chicken cutlet but there is no wrong choice on that menu. They have some of the best falafel in the city as a veggie sub.
The good news is my buddy and I both had the same thing, so maybe we just order one sammich next time.

Typically, we eat inside the arena because we arrive so late.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Finally got around to trying Warios a few weeks ago. Very solid. Pricey but large servings..

But now I feel like I need to go try Marlow's ... per reddit its either Warios or Marlow's for the top spot when comes to cheesesteaks..

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I ended up being upgraded for tonight so I have 1 ticket for tonight to give away in the cheap seats. Section 211 if anyone is interested let me know.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Tonight is Mo’s birthday. Expecting the entire arena to sing to him. What a way to start your NHL career.

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I was in 217. Was a pretty chill group although people kept getting up and leaving and coming back during play. Was a bit annoyed.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I'm new to having set seats. Was on a flex before. We made friends with some of our new seat neighbors in 207. Bonded with the people in front of us over mutual annoyance and instant dislike of the people behind us.

Also happy that the lady who used to be in 220 who would shriek "LET'S GO JACKETS" at the beginning of the game is back, but in 208 or 209 now. She was missing last season.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I was in 217. Was a pretty chill group although people kept getting up and leaving and coming back during play. Was a bit annoyed.
I am in Club Level C5. I had 2 people watching videos in front of me (they hardly looked up) - 1 baseball game and 1 a movie - new mission impossible. Also that group in front (8 total) kept going in and out during play. They were socializing more than watching the game. So it was annoying but so was the game and pace of play.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I’m sure hope “we are indivisible“ was a one time slogan lol, one of the worst cbj slogans, and that’s saying something
I remember when the awful Cincinnati Reds teams of the 1980s had slogans-they don't have them anymore. There were such gems as "We're in it to win it" and "getting back to having fun again". A buddy of mine and I still make jokes about those slogans;)

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
I'm new to having set seats. Was on a flex before. We made friends with some of our new seat neighbors in 207. Bonded with the people in front of us over mutual annoyance and instant dislike of the people behind us.

Also happy that the lady who used to be in 220 who would shriek "LET'S GO JACKETS" at the beginning of the game is back, but in 208 or 209 now. She was missing last season.
This was a big reason i gave up season tickets many many years ago. Nothing can ruin a fun in person hockey experience like people.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Nothing can ruin a fun in person hockey experience like people.
This is so right. It has gotten to the point that we have to bring ear plugs to the games because the Monsters fill the seats with kids and then tell them to scream the whole game. Nothing like trying to watch a game with kids screaming in your ear all night. If they aren't doing that, then they are kicking your seat all night. The adults can be just as bad too.

• Wow
Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I was in 217 as well and had the pleasure of an open seat on my left ruined by a drunk mom/daughter combo on my right who argued over whether or not mom should eat some food before driving home - the entire first two periods.. thankfully they disappeared for the 3rd period.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Finally got around to trying Warios a few weeks ago. Very solid. Pricey but large servings..

But now I feel like I need to go try Marlow's ... per reddit its either Warios or Marlow's for the top spot when comes to cheesesteaks..
Personally Warios is better but as you say they are MUCH more expensive. There's nothing wrong with Marlow's though its still pretty good and its not THAT expensive ($13) considering how large the sandwich is. Also helps for me I live in Gahanna so its alot easier for me to go down to the Creekfront for food haha

Reactions: MAHJ71

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I remember when the awful Cincinnati Reds teams of the 1980s had slogans-they don't have them anymore. There were such gems as "We're in it to win it" and "getting back to having fun again". A buddy of mine and I still make jokes about those slogans;)

The DC Metro recently did a revamp, and their slogan for the effort was "Back to Good" :laugh:

I was in 217 as well and had the pleasure of an open seat on my left ruined by a drunk mom/daughter combo on my right who argued over whether or not mom should eat some food before driving home - the entire first two periods.. thankfully they disappeared for the 3rd period.

So did she eat some food or not? Can't leave us hanging like that

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
The DC Metro recently did a revamp, and their slogan for the effort was "Back to Good" :laugh:

So did she eat some food or not? Can't leave us hanging like that
I believe they left to get food at the end of the 2nd, but since they never came back I honestly don't know.

Was just happy they were gone :D

• Haha
Reactions: Monk

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I suspect I have ruined many folks' fun in-person hockey experiences. Unless it was a young kid who heard an expletive, I say eff off to all of them.

I once had OSU football tix in front of someone who must have eaten sunflower seeds the whole game. We realized that when we were leaving and I noticed my girlfriend at the time had sunflower shells all over the back of her jacket.

I have been the annoying idiot in the section a couple of times and I have been the dad of young children in the section with annoying idiots. Circle of life.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
The folks in our club section area are part of why I love my season tickets. It’s like like Cheers, where everybody knows your name!
Only worry is the “upgrades” coming to C1-C6 might price all the fun folks out moving forward. :mad:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad