Who is going to get the bigger contract, TT or Pearson

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
In my eyes Tyler Toffoli and Tanner Pearson are products of playing with Jeff Carter, neither is worth over $5.5 million per but will obviously demand it.. Both are still one year wonders but have the look of 30G scorers.

Saad is a more consistent player than both while Monahan is just a better player than either rand is worthy of the contract, the question is are both TT and TP worth that much money to the Kings?? Keep in mind DL isn't afraid of trading young guys for establish stars aka the MR and JC deals... Im pretty sure a TT+JM deal could net us a Matt Duchene type talent to help rejuvenate the offense and clear cap space at the same time..

Nope, not according to the stats and WOWY splits.

Tyler Toffoli has spent about 2/3 of his ES minutes with Jeff Carter over his career, but he's nearly the exact same player without Jeff Carter by just about every metric. Pearson a little less so--he's actually better with Kopitar--but some of that is probably attributable to this season when he's emerged and gone nuclear on his own right. Do we want to say Pearson is a product of Carter this season when he has so many primary points even without him? I'm not sure. This goes for everything--CF%, GF%, GF/60, GA/60 you name it.

Not at all one-year wonders, actually have the statistics of legitimate top-line players (not top-six, TOP LINE) around the league.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
Look at Browns numbers the last few years. And compare them to Toffoli, and Pearsons numbers. If their agents are on the ball they should get at least what Browns making.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Nope, not according to the stats and WOWY splits.

Tyler Toffoli has spent about 2/3 of his ES minutes with Jeff Carter over his career, but he's nearly the exact same player without Jeff Carter by just about every metric. Pearson a little less so--he's actually better with Kopitar--but some of that is probably attributable to this season when he's emerged and gone nuclear on his own right. Do we want to say Pearson is a product of Carter this season when he has so many primary points even without him? I'm not sure. This goes for everything--CF%, GF%, GF/60, GA/60 you name it.

Not at all one-year wonders, actually have the statistics of legitimate top-line players (not top-six, TOP LINE) around the league.

Not sure what metrics your looking at but he's actually better with Carter.. last season 11 of his 14 points with Kopitar came during a 10 game span i believe.. Toffoli has a great shot a sniper even but is his value to the Kings more than say a Matt Duchene and a long term signed Tanner Pearson?? Plus you'd still maintain about $5-6 million in cap space to fill out the roster with some vets and still re-sign Mersch, Brodzinski, LaDue and Gravel....

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not sure what metrics your looking at but he's actually better with Carter.. last season 11 of his 14 points with Kopitar came during a 10 game span i believe.. Toffoli has a great shot a sniper even but is his value to the Kings more than say a Matt Duchene and a long term signed Tanner Pearson?? Plus you'd still maintain about $5-6 million in cap space to fill out the roster with some vets and still re-sign Mersch, Brodzinski, LaDue and Gravel....

Of course not, Matt Duchene is Matt Duchene, just dispelling the notion that either guy is a one-year-wonder carried by Carter to success.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Of course not, Matt Duchene is Matt Duchene, just dispelling the notion that either guy is a one-year-wonder carried by Carter to success.

My bad, I must do a better job of explaining my position...

but since I have you here lol... what do you think of that trade and would the Ads do it????

KINGS

Matt Duchene

2018 1st round pick

AVS

Jake Muzzin

Tyler Toffoli

Nic Dowd

2017 2nd round pick

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
My bad, I must do a better job of explaining my position...

but since I have you here lol... what do you think of that trade and would the Ads do it????

KINGS

Matt Duchene

2018 1st round pick

AVS

Jake Muzzin

Tyler Toffoli

Nic Dowd

2017 2nd round pick

Doubt the Avs would do this since that 2018 pick has potential to be really high.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Doubt the Avs would do this since that 2018 pick has potential to be really high.

I understand but they're also getting $1.50 on the dollar for Duchene..
they pretty much get a
top 2 defenseman regardless of his bad season
a 30 goal sniper
a 3rd line center
a high 2nd rounder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad