Who is, and will be, CBJs most effective player?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
For some players, hitting is a diversion from offense, and for others hitting leads to offense. I think Boone is in the latter group.

And I don't disagree with that but my point is there were only 4 forwards over 250 hits this year and 3 of them were Matt Martin, Cal Clutterbuck and Chris Neil. The exception is David Backes but it's not a coincidence that people don't hit as much as they could every single game. Playoffs are a different beast which Dubi knew and his play showed while I don't think some of the younger guys were expecting that big of a jump in play

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
And I don't disagree with that but my point is there were only 4 forwards over 250 hits this year and 3 of them were Matt Martin, Cal Clutterbuck and Chris Neil. The exception is David Backes but it's not a coincidence that people don't hit as much as they could every single game. Playoffs are a different beast which Dubi knew and his play showed while I don't think some of the younger guys were expecting that big of a jump in play

I agree they are different but watching LA forecheck and hit it reminded me of something that I thought about watching the Jackets vs the Pens
It seemed to me that for the most part LA hit with a purpose while I thought the Jackets many times hit for the sake of hitting. Maybe I'm off base but that was my thought at the time and reflecting now I still think that was the case.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Johansen is my pick... Jenner has impressed me too.. Ryan Murray might be one of the best CBJ defensemen in CBJ history once mature..

I'm not so sure about Bob after watching his play this playoff season, he must be better, much better for any chance to lead the CBJ deep into the playoffs. The CBJ are good but John Davidson has much more work to do than many may think, the CBJ are a borderline playoff team when compared to the top ten teams in the league..

theD86

Winging it
Jun 23, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Jenner has a high ceiling. Johansen is well Johansen. Everybody will say he's the most effective. To me that's like saying Gordie Howe is the most effective. You expect it from these guys.
I try to look deeper. Based on what I saw... Jack Johnson is right up there. He's creates turnovers can handle a stick. Makes great passes. And helps guys like Johansen & Jenner to look good.
Sorry I'm a defense first thinking guy.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Johnson had a great playoffs but his regular season didn't generally put him in the "most effective player" discussion, if for no other reason than not enough offense.

I appreciate defense-first thinking, but I would lean towards suggesting Murray if you want to go D here (not including G).

Even "looking deeper", it's got to be Johansen. A lot of other guys will hopefully be very effective and have long and consistent stretches of effectiveness, but I'm thinking (desperately hoping) Joey doesn't suffer a setback.

elmariachi227

Aug 27, 2012
Cleveland
Jenner has a high ceiling. Johansen is well Johansen. Everybody will say he's the most effective. To me that's like saying Gordie Howe is the most effective. You expect it from these guys.
I try to look deeper. Based on what I saw... Jack Johnson is right up there. He's creates turnovers can handle a stick. Makes great passes. And helps guys like Johansen & Jenner to look good.
Sorry I'm a defense first thinking guy.

Johnson is also a turnover machine when he's at the blue line. Sometimes he bobbles the puck too much in that situation as well.

There's no doubt he's a pretty good D, though.

Like it has been said: Johansen and it isn't even close. Just about everyone else already hit their peak, or about the best they can hope for is 30 points. Well, except for maybe Atkinson. Not confident about Anisimov.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I project the most effective player in 2014-15 to be

Nathan Horton. When healthy he is going to be the driving power forward that we have waited for.

I love Joey & Boone & Dubie, JMFJ & Murray also loved watching Bob in the World championships. Not a SC, but he won the tournament

We really need good season from Dub, AA & NF

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes