Who is, and will be, CBJs most effective player?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Ok so I have slowly been liking CBJ more and more past couple years. I love the players you guys have and also love the prospects you have got. I think when you guys hired Jarmo for GM, it was a brilliant move and he's done great since his hiring. I wanted to ask the fans something though, who do you guys think was the most effective player last year and for years to come. I realize johansen finally had his break out year and also Dubinsky is a great guy to have due to his grit and points ability. I think though that you guys hit a home run with Boone Jenner... He was unreal last year and I strongly think he is going to turn into a beast for years to come. Him playing with Johansen last year was a treat to watch and he is just gonna keep getting better. My choice is Jenner for who will be your guys all around most effective player

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Ok so I have slowly been liking CBJ more and more past couple years. I love the players you guys have and also love the prospects you have got. I think when you guys hired Jarmo for GM, it was a brilliant move and he's done great since his hiring. I wanted to ask the fans something though, who do you guys think was the most effective player last year and for years to come. I realize johansen finally had his break out year and also Dubinsky is a great guy to have due to his grit and points ability. I think though that you guys hit a home run with Boone Jenner... He was unreal last year and I strongly think he is going to turn into a beast for years to come. Him playing with Johansen last year was a treat to watch and he is just gonna keep getting better. My choice is Jenner for who will be your guys all around most effective player

Johansen for sure. Jenner is pretty exciting to watch because of his hard work and physicality but Johansen is much more dynamic offensively, very good defensively and a great at faceoffs. Johansen is only 1 year older then Jenner too which some people probably don't think about. Going forward Jenner could move up the list but right now Johansen is the best all around and I don't see it changing anytime soon while Dubi would be number 2

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Clearly Jared Boll.

Hoping Bob, thinking Johansen, and realizing that Jenner is going to be a beast but doesn't have the raw skill that a guy like Johansen has.

If we could get a guy like Wennberg to break out like other teams have had with some of their really young players, we could be a real problem for teams to match up with.

Ultimately, on defense, I think we're better off getting Erixon in the mix over a few guys we have now.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Johansen and it really isn't that close. As much as I like other guys, especially Boone, Johansen is by far our best player and does so much.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Clearly Jared Boll.

Hoping Bob, thinking Johansen, and realizing that Jenner is going to be a beast but doesn't have the raw skill that a guy like Johansen has.

If we could get a guy like Wennberg to break out like other teams have had with some of their really young players, we could be a real problem for teams to match up with.

Ultimately, on defense, I think we're better off getting Erixon in the mix over a few guys we have now.

Agree on Erixon for sure. Be nice to have a puck mover with an offensive touch in the lineup who has a pretty good IQ

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I realize johansen will be the odds on favourite for everyone's pick, but I just love the way Boone works hard, hits a ton and creates room for johansen and also will put up a lot of points. They will be a deadly duo for years to come

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
IF Joey develops into a playmaker to go with his scoring and D he would be our version of Kopitar. That would make him our top guy.

IF Murray develops to his advertised potential he could become our Doughty. That would make him 1A.

IF Jenner continues his development he could become our Iginla - that would make him a 1B. (maybe Iggy in his prime is a bit of a stretch but I couldn't think of another good example)

Lots depends on their development but those 3 could really be something and the cornerstone of a very good team for a very long time.

Throw in Bob developing along with our prospects- the future is bright.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
EspenK - I still like a comparison between Brown and Jenner. I guess Jenner doesn't have the meat head reputation, but he could if he plays with an edge and makes enough enemies.

Johansen is our MVP, but each player is integral which makes this team unique. Even guys like Mackenzie and Letestu are important to the team. Those two guys kill penalties and change momentum in games with energy or short-handed goals.

But yeah take out Johnson and suddenly who plays those 30+ minutes a night? Take out Wisniewski and there goes our PP. Take out Foligno OR Dubinsky and it's obviously noticeable. Every guy has a role and does it (except arguably Umberger who was replaced by some plugs at the end of the year).

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
IF Jenner continues his development he could become our Iginla - that would make him a 1B. (maybe Iggy in his prime is a bit of a stretch but I couldn't think of another good example)

lol, on a bit?

Love Jenner, but I'm certainly not expecting anything close to a 50 goal season out of him.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
lol, on a bit?

Love Jenner, but I'm certainly not expecting anything close to a 50 goal season out of him.

what is everyone expecting from Jenner next season, stats wise?here were his 2013/14 stats....

regular season -
Games - 72
Goals - 16
Assists - 13
Points - 29
+-. +6
PIMS - 45
HITS - 212

Prediciton for 2014/15
Games - 80
Goals - 22
Assists - 26
Points - 48
+-. +16
PIMS. 70
HITS. 295

Last edited:

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Johansen, Dubinsky, and Wisniewski had great seasons, but I give the edge to Joey based on the gwg's and the clutch play he provided down the stretch.

Next season, I fully expected Johansen to be our most dominant player, while hoping for much better regular seasons from Bob, Horton, and JJ.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
what is everyone expecting from Jenner next season, stats wise?here were his 2012/13 stats....

regular season -
Games - 72
Goals - 16
Assists - 13
Points - 29
+-. +6
PIMS - 45
HITS - 212

Prediciton for 2014/15
Games - 80
Goals - 22
Assists - 26
Points - 48
+-. +16
PIMS. 70
HITS. 295

Woah, he played a lot during the lockout year.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
what is everyone expecting from Jenner next season, stats wise?here were his 2012/13 stats....

regular season -
Games - 72
Goals - 16
Assists - 13
Points - 29
+-. +6
PIMS - 45
HITS - 212

Prediciton for 2014/15
Games - 80
Goals - 22
Assists - 26
Points - 48
+-. +16
PIMS. 70
HITS. 295

Those are 13/14 stats, of course.

For next year I'd put Jenner at 25 goals and 20 assists.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Those are 13/14 stats, of course.

For next year I'd put Jenner at 25 goals and 20 assists.

I think that's his upper limit. I was thinking more like 20-20

and no to the 295 hits - that's 3.5 a game over 82. I'd expect plus or minus 240 ish.

thebus2288*

Johansen is our most skilled guy and he does have the potential to be that elite 2-way center. However, if you ask me who our most important player was last year I'd say it was Dubi. He can match up and at times completely shut down the top offensive guys on any team in the league. Very good on the PK and faceoffs. His offensive impact on our team is also underrated I think. I mean he did finish 1 point behind offensive dynamo James Wisniewski. We need to sign him and name him captain as soon as possible.

For the future, while I do think Johansen will grow into that true high level 2-way center and be the easy pick, I think even as soon as this time next year the Ryan Murray hype will be in full effect. I can easily see him being our most important/effective guy by the time 2016 is here. After watching him play last year the "everything good, nothing great" thing bothers me a lot. The only reason people say that is because Edmonton made an absolute ignorant decision not to draft him 1st. He's just as good as any defensemen at that age in what 10 years? We just need to pray to the shoulder gods for the next little while.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Yeah rookie is the key part there. He's gonna learn to pace himself over an 82 game schedule. He can't be like Matt Martin, he'll need to save some of that energy for offense

For some players, hitting is a diversion from offense, and for others hitting leads to offense. I think Boone is in the latter group.

For the future, while I do think Johansen will grow into that true high level 2-way center and be the easy pick, I think even as soon as this time next year the Ryan Murray hype will be in full effect. I can easily see him being our most important/effective guy by the time 2016 is here. After watching him play last year the "everything good, nothing great" thing bothers me a lot. The only reason people say that is because Edmonton made an absolute ignorant decision not to draft him 1st. He's just as good as any defensemen at that age in what 10 years? We just need to pray to the shoulder gods for the next little while.

? I'm not even sure he was the best 20 year old defenceman in the league this year.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
But he's the only one who solidified a back end. Who has a veterans presence as a rookie, whose only going to mature and get better with time. I still believe we have yet to even see his offense which everyone likes to say isn't there. Yet he was on a ppg pace in his last season in the Dub before he got hurt.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
For some players, hitting is a diversion from offense, and for others hitting leads to offense. I think Boone is in the latter group.

? I'm not even sure he was the best 20 year old defenceman in the league this year.

I agree.. that's why I think him and Johansen are going to work so well together and Boone will put up more points than people think. He has a great linemate Johansen that will put the puck in the net when Boone is crashing and getting him the puck

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00