Who is a better coach, Tortorella or Keefe?

Who is the better coach?

• Tortorella

Votes: 112 90.3%
  • Keefe

Votes: 12 9.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Keefe is better than Babcock isn’t he?

Babcock is the guy that got fired because he made a big sale 10 years ago then followed it up with the worst numbers in the company for the next 10 years. Torts has had more success with less.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Anybody is better than Tortorella. That guy is a brash loudmouth who coaches really bad ugly hockey, and i'm still not over being subjected to watching "Torts hockey" on the Canucks. It's just so aesthetically unpleasant.

Reactions: lawrence and tricky

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I assume you're talking about at the AHL level because that's the only thing that remotely makes sense

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
what a terrible poll lol. Keefe is a rookie coach 1/2 a season deep

that being said he has a .628win% and has won at every level. Torts is at .553

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I wouldn't trade Keefe for Torts, and Keefe is the better coach for my team. I like his adaptability, the way he actually plays his best players, and I like his overall game play strategy.

I have a feeling these poll results will look silly in a couple years, but I'm not surprised HF wants to go with the old boys club over the rookie Leafs coach.

Svane

Jul 5, 2020
I wouldn't trade Keefe for Torts, and Keefe is the better coach for my team. I like his adaptability, the way he actually plays his best players, and I like his overall game play strategy.

I have a feeling these poll results will look silly in a couple years, but I'm not surprised HF wants to go with the old boys club over the rookie Leafs coach.
The only way they'll look silly is if Keefe gets back to back Cups or something.

Leafs are top 5, arguably top 2 roster in terms of talent. Getting anything less than major playoff success is failure.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Anybody is better than Tortorella. That guy is a brash loudmouth who coaches really bad ugly hockey, and i'm still not over being subjected to watching "Torts hockey" on the Canucks. It's just so aesthetically unpleasant.

When did he develop an obsession with shot-blocking?

When he won the Cup in 2004, he deployed an aggressive style for the time (although he did have his team use a variation of the trap).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad