Who in the NHL will be bought out? Every team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
They are predicting too many buyouts I think. Ottawa, for example, may buyout 1 of Smolinski and DeVries (and I think they will buyout no one), but they wouldn't do both. Their is no point in paying a player 2/3 of his salary not to play unless you desperately need cap room.

Dogbert*

Why do they think we should buy out Yelle and Wiemer? That'd be a stupid move.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
No way the Stars buyout Lehtinen. He may make too much for his points-production, but he brings so much else to the table.

The other two (Guerin, Turgeon) are almost definitely gone.

silver_made*

IF fox is right, then none of those buyouts look desirable.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Interesting article.

Aside from the buyouts you can see that some teams have some decisions to make. Lose UFAs and RFAs of their own in order to pursue UFAs under the new salary climate. My guess is that a lot of teams, after taking care of their own RFAs, will not have much room to sign big time UFAs.

This is gonna be fun.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
I hope Guerin is bought out and the he comes back to Boston. He'd look good on Thornton's Right Wing. Some Bruins fans will disagree with me because he's getting a little older, but I think he'd be good for the team for a couple years. As far as buy outs from Boston, I don't see any, you have to have players under contract in order to buy them out.

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
amazingcrwns said:
I hope Guerin is bought out and the he comes back to Boston. He'd look good on Thornton's Right Wing. Some Bruins fans will disagree with me because he's getting a little older, but I think he'd be good for the team for a couple years. As far as buy outs from Boston, I don't see any, you have to have players under contract in order to buy them out.

It is just me or did they miss Thornton in Boston's list and Ryder in Montreal's..

Ah well..one crazy RFA/UFA/Buyout/Draft/Rule Changes Summer coming up! :handclap:

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Komisarek8 said:
It is just me or did they miss Thornton in Boston's list and Ryder in Montreal's..

Ah well..one crazy RFA/UFA/Buyout/Draft/Rule Changes Summer coming up! :handclap:

They also have Boynton as signed as one of our key RFAs. But yes, they did omit Thornton.

Lexicon Devil

Apr 21, 2002
"The Senators' payroll looks a little top heavy"

Yeah, we should go for one of those egalitarian payrolls.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
Will Montreal buy out both Brisebois and Rivet ? I have never been a fan of Rivet and definitely hope that he'll be bought out. Still, despite what most say, I would absolutely keep Brisebois at the right price (about 1.75 million). Unfortunetaly, 3 400 000 is WAY too pricey. See you, Patrice.

By the way, I'd be shocked if Phoenix keeps Savage at 2 900 000.... I mean, weren't they trying to GIVE him away 18 months ago ? I feel like he will be a healthy scratch most nights on that Phoenix team.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Not a chance in hell the Stars buy out Lehtinen(unless bought out players are somehow allowed to return to the same team, which Im pretty sure isnt going to be the case). Guerin and Turgeon on the otherhand should definately be shown the door.

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
Kritter471 said:
No way the Stars buyout Lehtinen. He may make too much for his points-production, but he brings so much else to the table.

The other two (Guerin, Turgeon) are almost definitely gone.

Maybe last season when he had an injured back most of the season, but based off the season before, he is not overpaid at all. No way Dallas even considers buying out Lehtinen, he is part of the core of Dallas. He is one of the most underrated players in the league, despite 3 selkes and 5 nominations.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Chaos said:
Not a chance in hell the Stars buy out Lehtinen(unless bought out players are somehow allowed to return to the same team, which Im pretty sure isnt going to be the case). Guerin and Turgeon on the otherhand should definately be shown the door.

Hate to agree, but let's face it, 29 other teams would be eager to sweep up the fallout of that buyout. It ain't happening..

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
I don't know where they are getting their salaries from. Chris Gratton was slated to earn $1.5m. After rollback that's around $1.1m. Gratton is better than what they'll get for $700k buyout + $400k for a new guy.

... and if the stars buy out Jere Lehtinen I'll cook and eat my left nut.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Bruwinz37 said:
They also have Boynton as signed as one of our key RFAs. But yes, they did omit Thornton.

for all intents and purposes, boynton is signed...there's an option on his contract, which the b's will most certainly exercise.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Doesnt look like they took the 24% rollback into effect..Lehtinen will be making $3.65 million before the rollback(according to the NHLPA site), and just $2.77 million after.

mooseOAK*

If a couple of guys in the whole league get bought out I will be surprised. Faced with decreased revenues teams aren't going to have the funds available for lump sum payments like that.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
mooseOAK said:
If a couple of guys in the whole league get bought out I will be surprised. Faced with decreased revenues teams aren't going to have the funds available for lump sum payments like that.

I can tell you for a fact that Tom Hicks easily has the money to get rid of Guerin and Turgeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad