Who hits 70 first, Warrior wins or 76ers losses?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
If the sixers didn't lose 70 last year I don't see it happening this year. Golden state has a better shot at 70, but I don't see them winning more than 65.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
If the sixers didn't lose 70 last year I don't see it happening this year. Golden state has a better shot at 70, but I don't see them winning more than 65.

Agreed. W's have had a relatively easy schedule so far. Likewise the sixers have had a relatively tough schedule so far. That said G-State do look really good so far as every win is like a blowout.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I just took a look at the Sixers roster. Yeesh, they've definitely got a long season ahead of them but they've got such a young roster that they could be a team on the rise in the next couple of seasons.

That said, I can't see them hitting the 70 loss mark. GS I imagine will probably win 65-68 games this season.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
For all the tanking the Sixers have done since Hinkie came aboard they have still yet to finish with the worst record. They started 0-17 last year and still managed to win 18.

And this team is probably better than the team they had the last 2 years.

They'll win 15-22 games.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Warriors really haven't looked that impressive at home of late. I think they'll lose 12+. Their schedule hasn't been challenging. Man the Sixers really stink. I can see them losing 70. They are 0-12. Can the Lakers win 13? Eh. Nets aren't good but I think they won't even finish in a lottery position.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Honestly I think the Warriors only win 50 some games. Their schedule outside of LA hasn't been that strong and they've struggled in games. They haven't played SA or OKC yet. Calipers have given them games but the Clippers aren't the best. You have to factor in injuries. They were fortunate last year. Thompson has already had back issues. He's missed a couple games. Hell I'd even bet Curry doesn't play them all. Last year they had a record season or so it seemed like offensively. They won't duplicate that. Now that they've won it all they will get teams best shots so those cupcake games this year that they had last year won't go the same. Atleast not all the time. They had a good start off the momentum but they haven't looked great recently. The NBA is a lot different than 96 and before. I don't think the players are as driven. I also think its more competitive because there's more ways to score. Plus they won't always be on shooting. I'd have to guess in the range of 55-59 wins. 23 or so losses isn't outrageous. A lot of the 13 wins thus far aren't against amazing teams. If you want to go farther I don't even think they make the finals. They had a great year last year but they also had luck. I mean they didn't even face the Spurs. Three of the four teams they beat in the playoffs didn't even have their PG.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Honestly I think the Warriors only win 50 some games. Their schedule outside of LA hasn't been that strong and they've struggled in games. They haven't played SA or OKC yet. Calipers have given them games but the Clippers aren't the best. You have to factor in injuries. They were fortunate last year. Thompson has already had back issues. He's missed a couple games. Hell I'd even bet Curry doesn't play them all. Last year they had a record season or so it seemed like offensively. They won't duplicate that. Now that they've won it all they will get teams best shots so those cupcake games this year that they had last year won't go the same. Atleast not all the time. They had a good start off the momentum but they haven't looked great recently. The NBA is a lot different than 96 and before. I don't think the players are as driven. I also think its more competitive because there's more ways to score. Plus they won't always be on shooting. I'd have to guess in the range of 55-59 wins. 23 or so losses isn't outrageous. A lot of the 13 wins thus far aren't against amazing teams. If you want to go farther I don't even think they make the finals. They had a great year last year but they also had luck. I mean they didn't even face the Spurs. Three of the four teams they beat in the playoffs didn't even have their PG.

Yawn. Same, sad argument.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Argument as who? Its just being realistic. There's going to be hardships. They haven't had the toughest schedule to start the year. There will be off shooting nights. This team would get wrecked by the 90s Bulls or early 2000s Lakers.

Faced lesser competition. Lucky to have won a title. Yeah, its really too bad they hand picked their opponents, ranked top 5 in offensive efficiency and defense. Really, only about a 50 win team who can't beat quality teams.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Argument as who? Its just being realistic. There's going to be hardships. They haven't had the toughest schedule to start the year. There will be off shooting nights. This team would get wrecked by the 90s Bulls or early 2000s Lakers.

Competition may be less, but the majority of the teams they are playing were playoff teams last year. They've also had a pretty packed schedule and played more games then a lot of other western teams.
They practically have to go 50% basketball to end the season with 50something wins.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Faced lesser competition. Lucky to have won a title. Yeah, its really too bad they hand picked their opponents, ranked top 5 in offensive efficiency and defense. Really, only about a 50 win team who can't beat quality teams.

Let's be real. They faced New Orleans....who shouldn't have been and won't be in this year. Memphis has always been an offensively challenged team and Allen was anything but healthy. They didn't face San Antonio, OKC or LAC. I think OKC could have neat them if they got in and were healthy. Cleveland lost Irving after the first game. These are all facts. Warriors fans are so cranky about this stuff.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Competition may be less, but the majority of the teams they are playing were playoff teams last year. They've also had a pretty packed schedule and played more games then a lot of other western teams.
They practically have to go 50% basketball to end the season with 50something wins.

That was last year. New Orleans was a joke and they are horrendous this year. Houston is on the fast track to nowhere. Memphis may make it. The only team with certainty that I can say they played that will make it is Cleveland and they only would play them in the Finals and to be honest I don't think they'll get back there. I would love to see them play OKC more than anybody.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
The playoff excuse is lame. The Warriors beat the teams that were placed in front of them. It's their fault that the Clippers and the Spurs couldn't get far in the playoffs?
The "weak teams" excuse this season is even worse. 16-0 has never happened in the history of the league. What, they're the first team ever to have an "easy" schedule like this?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The Warriors may have had favourable playoff matchups, but they were AT LEAST making the finals no matter what. No team in the west was stopping that.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
It still makes no sense where you see them as a 50 win team. They win 67 a year ago, win the title. Have won 20 straight games dating back to last season. Are something absurd like 57-4 on home court in the last year. Play at a pace that is tops in the league. Points per 100 poss. is still elite. Curry has elevated his play, get this, after his MVP season. Start a season 16-0. But yes, they're on the decline and haven't proved a thing yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad