Who has underachieved the most

FreshClean

Aug 29, 2006
Well many would say Barker since he was projected to be better, but I think they both equally underachived.

Barker had all the chances to stick in with the Blackhawks and their defence but after his injury he didnt stick.

Coburn also had chances to make it with the big club and their weak defence and even played some games last year, but once again couldnt pull it off.

I do hope he gets a nice fresh start in Philly though, and hopefully they get an experienced veteran on the blueline during the offseason to be a mentor for Picard, Pitkanen, Coburn, Parent. I really like Philly's defence next season or the season after.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Well many would say Barker since he was projected to be better, but I think they both equally underachived.

Barker had all the chances to stick in with the Blackhawks and their defence but after his injury he didnt stick.

Coburn also had chances to make it with the big club and their weak defence and even played some games last year, but once again couldnt pull it off.

I do hope he gets a nice fresh start in Philly though, and hopefully they get an experienced veteran on the blueline during the offseason to be a mentor for Picard, Pitkanen, Coburn, Parent. I really like Philly's defence next season or the season after.

What?

Barker broke his ankle at the start of the season then spent a while in Norfolk getting conditioned. He took quite a while to regain his form in the minors but since being recalled he has been playing well for the blackhawks.

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Barker is just now getting a legitimate shot in the NHL. Flashes of a very good player, but a rookie defenseman that looks worlds better then most rookie defenseman.

deano

Apr 13, 2005
Since the title didn't give a comparison, I'll throw Gilbert Brule's name into the hat.

barfy2000

Jun 23, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
Big defensemen sometimes take a long time to develop. Not everyone can step in like Dion Phaneuf did. Or Brent Seabrook. Coburn is only 22 and Barker is still only 20.

They may have not met expectations yet, but I think they're far from being labeled underachievers at this point in time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad