Who Has the Better Bounce-Back: Hall or Gaudreau?

Hall or Gaudreau?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Let’s assume Hall and Gaudreau are on two different teams by the time the 2022 season rolls around. Who do you think has the better chance of bouncing back, if you had to bet on one?
Both players that were regarded as elite talent, maybe still are in the right situation, but they are slowly becoming players that should be better relied on as perfect complimentary players behind franchise players. Both had one 90+ point season, Hall with a career .88 PPG and Gaudreau with a .94 PPG.

Which one are you selecting? Factor in their career as a whole, the likelihood of what team they could potentially be on, and how well they fit within the new squad they’d be on.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Johnny Gaudreau very easily. He's been playing with pretty much no talent under Sutter's dump and chase system.

He had 11g 23p in 26gp to start the season despite playing with nobody.

Hall played a ton with Eichel and still couldn't produce. Gaudreau will light it up once he gets traded to a team with an actual first line center.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
As an Oilers fan, Gaudreau. He has been a consistent offensive weapon his entire career, he needs to get away from Sutter imo though.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Johnny for sure. I don't feel like he's any different as a player from the times when he's scored a lot of points.. just lower on confidence and doesn't have a ton of help.

He's a guy who feeds off the team feeling good offensively.. so as long as he signs with the right team he should be able to do a lot of good things. Put him alongside Barkov this year the guy is well above PPG at this point.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Probably Gaudreau, but if I had to choose my team to go after 1 it'd be Hall.

His size and style of play make me believe that he can produce better in the playoffs compared to Gaudreau. Also he'd be cheaper (this deadline) or free (this summer) to acquire.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Gaudreau. Needs a very specific situation to be successful and can't really adapt his game much but hes elite offensively if you give him weapons. Hall looks like he is in quicksand and his hands are shot. Not sure whats up with him. Loved how he used to play but maybe he's just too banged up from that style of play.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Bounce-back to what though?
Hall more likely return to all-star caliber LW, but less likely to return to his peak (MVP season)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad