Who has the best shot of getting taken #1 over LaFreniere?

Who has the best shot of being taken #1 over LaFreniere?

• Total voters

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Although it seems unlikely anyone can take over LaFreniere, or at least right now it seems, but who do you think has the possibility of surpassing him? I would bet Lucas Raymond depending if he can have a Kaapo Kakko esce year for Frolunda, maybe a crazy team who loves taking goalies 1st Overall might take Askarov?

Another great year for prospects :thumbu:

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Byfield.

While it's rare for a preseason #1 to not go #1, it does happen, see Patrick, Nolan.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Byfield because big centres almost always go higher than expected. Kirby Dach and Dylan Strome are two examples off the top of my head.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Byfield is a year younger so have to wait and see what he's able to show us this season, but as of now the gap appears too large regardless of size and position.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Went Byfield as well, he was the first name that popped into my head.

Askarov is a generational goaltender prospect and has the best chance to be the best player from the draft over Lafreniere but a goaltender with multiple years remaining on his KHL contract makes picking him #1 tricky.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Probably Byfield. He just does so many things and has the physical attributes GMs dream of when thinking about a #1 C. Even if he is still raw comparatively you can see the upside is there for him to be a force.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Its not going to happen but if someone forced the gm picking #1 at gunpoint and said pass on Laf, it'll be Byfield.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Byfield could have an absolute monster of a season, and then it would make this really difficult for any of the teams in desperate need of a #1C ...like the Sens. But I doubt it, and this is a Byfield fan.

Cory Stillman seems to coach a really defensive system in Sudbury, and it doesnt promote a whole lot of free wheeling. So its not going to be easy at all for him to set the world on fire with a godly point total, especially with his supporting cast - although it will speak volumes about him if he does.

So with that being said, I see him sliding comfortably into the #2 slot all year long, and Byfield being Seguin to Lafrernier's Hall. Totally different style of players, but they are the same caliber of prospects imo (can flirt with the top 5 and some hardware at their peaks).

Last edited:
Reactions: ViktorBaeArvidsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad