Who has the best prospects in the league?

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I think LA is quietly sorting themselves out:

*Vilardi (If he can come back)
*Kupari
*JAD
Thomas
Petersen (G)
*Mikey Anderson
Sean Durzi
Kale Clague
Matt Luff
Austin Wagner
Grundstrom
*Top five pick 19

Not knock your socks off but all likely to make the team in the next few years if not already.

Last edited:

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
This question is probably best answered post-draft just with how much that will change teams pipelines.

That said, the Avs already have a case to be the #1 pool (going solely off skaters) so if they manage to land Hughes/KK on top of Makar they’ll own the best system leaguewide imo. And that’s without mentioning they have Kaut, Timmins, Bowers and another first round pick. And there’s still some depth after that (like Meloche).

So knowing what we know today I’d personally say the Avs have the best chance to be #1 once the draft comes around, but a lot can still change. Lottery is soon and should help clear things up further, but again I think this is best determined after the draft so I don’t want to firmly choose a single team yet.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
STL has the following high end players:

Jordan Kyrou
Ville Husso
Klim Kostin
Dominik Bokk
Jordan Schmaltz
Schmaltz is a bust. I'd only call Kyrou and Bokk high end. Husso and Kostin could still be very good, but their development hasn't gone as planned recently. Our biggest piece is Thomas who graduated this year, but he is an absolute stud.

Reactions: Dominance

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
My personal choice is the Montreal Canadiens. They have a lot of depth in talented prospects
Forwards
1.Nick Suzuki
2.Ryan Poehling
3. Joni Ikonen
4. Jake Evans
5. Jesperi Kokeniemi (I still consider him a prospect)
Defence
1. Josh Brooks
2.Cale Fluery
3. Alex Romanov
4. Gustav Oloffson
Goalies
1. Charlie Lindgren
2. Cayden Primeau

Love to hear your thought, who do you think has the best prospects in the league?
You don’t seem biased at all!

In reality, I see Jesperi topping out as a 65 point center and I think Suzuki could be about that good on the wing. Evans and Ikonen are middle-six prospects at this point and I would bet Phoeling will be a consistent 45 point player. Gustav Oloffson is a 7D at best when he’s not injured. Brooks and fluery look like good prospects, but I haven’t seen enough of them to comment. Romanov is a player I think can surprise a lot of people. Will be a top 4 D imo.

The canadiens are definately up there; I’d put the flyers, panthers, Kings, islanders, blues and redwings ahead of them personally. I do think the future is bright in Montreal.

Reactions: haveandare

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Schmaltz is a bust. I'd only call Kyrou and Bokk high end. Husso and Kostin could still be very good, but their development hasn't gone as planned recently. Our biggest piece is Thomas who graduated this year, but he is an absolute stud.

I think Kostin's more high end than Bokk.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I’d have Philly, Sens, Hawks, and the Rangers all in my top 4 no order. Don’t know who I’d have after that

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
My top 5 in no particular order..

Habs - With Kotkaniemi graduated
F - Suzuki, Poehling, McShane, Fonstad, Ylonen, Ikonen
D - Romanov, Brook, Olofsson, Juulsen
G - Primeau

Wings - with Rasmussen and Cholowski graduated
F - Veleno, Hirose, Zadina, Kivenmaki
D - MsIsaac, Hronek, Hicketts
G - Larsson

Isles
F - Koivula, Ho-Sang, Ishakov, Bellows, Golyshev, Jenkins, Durandeau
D - Dobson, Wilde, Vande Sompel, Aho
G - Sorokin

Sens
F - Batherson, Rodewald, Brown, Formenton, Veronnaeu, Norris, Chlapik, Kelly, Abramov, Davidsson,
D - Brannstrom, Wolanin, Bernard-Docker
G - Daccord, Hogberg

Flyers - with Hart graduated
F - Frost, Ratcliffe, Farabee, Strome, Sushko, Laczynski, Vorobyov, Kase, Rubstov, Laberge,
D - Zamula, Wylie, Morin
G - Sandstrom, Lyon, Fedotov, Ustimenko, Tomek

Probably forget lots of guys.

I imagine Anaheim is going to be among the top teams after the draft, likely the Avs jump up again as well but that will be short lived in all liklihood. Kings will have a nice pool as well. Buffalo will also gain two more solid kids.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Ottawa not getting enough love.

Probably because the quality of our prospects aren't as high-end as other teams, but Ottawa turns out viable NHL's better than most of the NHL.

F:
Batherson
Brown
Formenton
Abramov
Chlapik
Paul
Balcers
Norris

D:
Brannstrom
JBD
Lavoie
Jaros
Wolanin

G:
Hogberg
Gustafson
Daccord

With the exception of JBD and the goalies, all have gotten a look at the NHL level, and should be contributing as early as next year for most of them.

Add in the 17 first 3 Round picks over the next 3 years or whatever it is, and they should be very flush.

Ottawa has always had amazing drafting and development.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
All except Nylander are no longer prospects. And Nylander isnt very good. Hes trending down since his draft.
They probably have a bottom 10 pool rn.

Too early on Nylander. Pool took a hit with the graduations but I wouldn't call it bottom 10. Contains top (or close) CHL goaltender this year, Olofsson led the SHL in goals last season and I believe Pilut won the award for top Defender same year and league. Some more quality depth players there too.
2019 Spring Prospect Rankings Poll: # 18

Throw in a top 5 pick and another late 1st this year, looking good considering the young talent on the team already.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
All except Nylander are no longer prospects. And Nylander isnt very good. Hes trending down since his draft.
They probably have a bottom 10 pool rn.

Not a lot of folks realize that. Not only does buffalo have a horrible team -- they have a really bad prospect pool too. The only saving grace is that all of the best players are all 23 and under.

Reactions: Chainshot

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
My top 5 in no particular order..

Habs - With Kotkaniemi graduated
F - Suzuki, Poehling, McShane, Fonstad, Ylonen, Ikonen
D - Romanov, Brook, Olofsson, Juulsen
G - Primeau

Wings - with Rasmussen and Cholowski graduated
F - Veleno, Hirose, Zadina, Kivenmaki
D - MsIsaac, Hronek, Hicketts
G - Larsson

Isles
F - Koivula, Ho-Sang, Ishakov, Bellows, Golyshev, Jenkins, Durandeau
D - Dobson, Wilde, Vande Sompel, Aho
G - Sorokin

Sens
F - Batherson, Rodewald, Brown, Formenton, Veronnaeu, Norris, Chlapik, Kelly, Abramov, Davidsson,
D - Brannstrom, Wolanin, Bernard-Docker
G - Daccord, Hogberg

Flyers - with Hart graduated
F - Frost, Ratcliffe, Farabee, Strome, Sushko, Laczynski, Vorobyov, Kase, Rubstov, Laberge,
D - Zamula, Wylie, Morin
G - Sandstrom, Lyon, Fedotov, Ustimenko, Tomek

Probably forget lots of guys.

I imagine Anaheim is going to be among the top teams after the draft, likely the Avs jump up again as well but that will be short lived in all liklihood. Kings will have a nice pool as well. Buffalo will also gain two more solid kids.
U forgot Harris, Fleury

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Not a lot of folks realize that. Not only does buffalo have a horrible team -- they have a really bad prospect pool too. The only saving grace is that all of the best players are all 23 and under.
They have an elite core tho. Just a horrible loser mentality dragging them down year after year

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs are not getting enough recognition as their pipeline of prospects continue to expand and should be considered among the best overall.

Sens Pick (Top 5)
Makar
Timmins
Kaut
Meloche
Bowers
Kamenev
AJ Greer
Morrison
Saigeon
Lewis
Henry

Elevated NHL players under 25 years age.

Mackinnon
Rantanen
Girard
Jost
Compher
Kerfoot
Zadorov

AVs have a loaded Farm, but remain among the youngest NHL teams.

Last edited:

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
CHI is nowhere close to these teams. Years of staying competitive for a championship has drained their farm system.
I feel like you don't really look at the Hawks farming system. You would clearly see that they have a greater prospect pool than the Sabres. They have maybe the best defensive prospect pool in the league right now with a more than likely top 10 pick this year. We also have lots of young forward talent playing in the NHL right now if you include players in their 2nd seasons (Strome, Debrincat).

Reactions: Legend123

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
And these are better than Adam Boqvist, Ian Mitchell, Henri Jokiharju, Nicolas Beaudin, and Evan Barratt? lol
We have a collection of high-end talent on defense, but that's about it. Every prospect ranking I've seen has Chicago in the bottom third. It's not a controversial opinion.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
AVs are not getting enough recognition as their pipeline of prospects continue to expand and should be considered among the best overall.

Sens Pick (Top 5)
Makar
Timmins
Kaut
Meloche
Bowers
Kamenev
AJ Greer
Morrison
Saigeon
Lewis
Henry

Elevated NHL players under 25 years age.

Mackinnon
Rantanen
Girard
Jost
Compher
Kerfoot
Zadorov

AVs are not only loaded have a loaded Farm, but remain among the youngest NHL teams.
well Timmins missed the entire season. Bowers had an off year. Kaut struggled in the A. Kemenev hasnt been too good in the NHL. Makar is a beast but the rest arent that good. But true the Avs have one of the best young core esp after the 2019 sens pick. In fact, i have them in my top 3 in U24 core.

Reactions: Tralfamadore

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
STL has the following high end players:

Jordan Kyrou
Ville Husso
Klim Kostin
Dominik Bokk
Jordan Schmaltz

jordan shmaltz is a nothing player. and husso is not progressing. our prospect pool kinda sucks now that thomas and blais are out of it.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
WANT OTHER FANS HONEST OPIONION OF THESE PROSPECTS

My favorite team is the CBJ. I want to say we do NOT have the best prospect pool in the league. We probably arent top 10 BUT I think we have an insanely underrated group I honestly want anyone who posts after this honest opinion about.

-Gavrikov is I honestly believe the best D prospect in the league based on current skill AND potential not just hype and potential. Dahlin is not a prospect anymore so I feel this is a fair statement. Olympic gold medalist, wjc best defender without scoring a single point based on pure defense, breaking KHL +/- records, etc... CURRENT skill+ potential I dont think their is a better D.

-Bremstrom in the SHL as a 19yo just put up the best goal scoring season as a kid other the the Canucks kid Peterson and has a wicked shot.

-Texier as a kid dominated the french league and moved over to Finland to advance his game and as a 19yo played insanely against men then came over to the AHL to end his year and has played amazing for his first years on NA ice and had 5 pts in his 1st few games haven't looked at his numbers recently but it was ppg ish at the time.

-Our entire goalie pool. Ill just say the names and you can go look into them. Actually I cant spell or pronounce the names of the Finnish goalie but just look up the stats for the best goalie in that league in the reg season and now playoffs and you will see a stud im the man I just call V. Tarasov is a kid in russia who has been dominant and a stud at every level and was a mid 1st rated talent until he had major knee surgery so he slid. The kid is from the same town as Bob and the cbj saw the talent sliding and pounced. Also dominating in playoffs currently. Elvis the Latvian goalie has came over after a long season and has always stood out in international play. Has about the same numbers Korpisalo had over there so is about your average 1b/backup guy. High floor prospect.

-Notables Foudy who turned it up a notch in the CHL from the draft year, Peeke who after captaining ND last year and having 3 solid years in the NCAA just signed an ELC so no college UFA for him, and a few other long shots.

So NOT deep but as far as our TOP end do you see Gavrikov, Bremstrom, Texier, Tarasov, V, Peeke, and Foudy comparable to the other top say 5 other teams best 3F, 2D, 2G?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad