Who has better centers right now, Sweden or Russia?

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
It is incorrect to compare Russia and other top countries, Russia is not a normal country, it is captured by a regime whose basis is systematic corruption and the removal of honest professionals from any business. It is very difficult for a talented child from a poor family in Russia to eventually become a professional player. But what happens when this country actually cares about hockey is something you saw in the 80s. This post will probably be deleted:laugh:

Russia is no different than anyone else in this regard.
Sure there are outliers, but generally speaking no poor people play hockey anywhere.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Capitals' Evgeny Kuznetsov Suspended 4 Years by IIHF for Positive Cocaine Test

Kuzy is eligible in June 2023... I get it's pointless but it was bugging me!
The bird are free
evgeny-kuznetsov-bird-celly.jpg

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Nix Shipachyov. His his age is showing big time this year...he turns 36 in a few days.
I'd move a W to C. Best candidate is probably Buchnevich.

Malkin
Kuznetsov
Buchnevich
Barbashyov

Sweden still takes this.
Im sure Shipa will come back strong next season.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Eye of Ra, hopefully you understand what's going on: russia is not going to participate internationally any time soon, probably for decades and there will be a different russia when they might again be allowed.

So this is a meaningless thread actually, this generation's russian players are not going to internationally compete against any other top nations unless they change their citizenship.

From how the NHL operates at the moment, constantly holding its players from participating in the Olympics, there most likely won't be any best-on-best tourneys for the other countries either for the foreseeable future, unless its some watered down McDonalds TikTok Cup or something? So all these fantasy teams posters put together here are a bit meaningless anyways, by your own parameters. But I guess people like to do it anyways, for the lols or because they're bored? It's probably the closest they will come to a best-on-best exercise in a long time, so I'm not going to hate on it too much.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Vladislav Namestnikov

This guy tip the scales for me. Sweden simply can't compete, and in panic moves Willy Nylander back to C in a futile match-up attempt, thus weakening their wings. Check mate.

Checkmate-in-chess.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1