Who has been the best WJC country the last 5 years?

siegeofshanghai*

Sweden, Canada, Russia or USA?

2009. Canada wins the gold, Sweden silver, Russia bronze
2010. USA wins the gold, Canada silver, Sweden bronze
2011. Russia wins the gold, Canada silver, USA bronze
2012. Sweden wins the gold. Russia silver, Canada bronze
2013. USA wins the gold. Sweden silver, Russia bronze

Canada with 1 gold and 2 silver and 1 bronze
USA with 2 golds and 0 silver and 1 bronze
Sweden with 1 gold and 2 silver and 1 bronze
Russia with 1 gold and 1 silver and 2 bronze

This is a very tight race.

1) Based on golds, USA is the best nation in the last 5 tournaments, but they have one less medal then the rest.
2) Sweden and Canada is tied for medals
3) Russia is probably the last nation with one less silver then swe & can.

Sloth Slothersons*

Canada is always the best. Even when they're not.

snizzbone*

They've been steadily declining and the 94 group is their worst in a while

Our worst is still the best overall group of players in the world based on skill. Coming together as a team is a different thing altogether but yeah.

I'd give the edge to Canada over Sweden in the past 5 years just because the medal count is the same, and we were dominant the 5 years before.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Didn't the Americans have to play in the relegation round in 2012? I don't think they can be the best if they can't even make the final round consistently.

dwanmaster*

All about Gold Medals who cares where you finish if you dont finish first.
USA

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Our worst is still the best overall group of players in the world based on skill. Coming together as a team is a different thing altogether but yeah.

I'd give the edge to Canada over Sweden in the past 5 years just because the medal count is the same, and we were dominant the 5 years before.

If we're just looking at the last 5 years, then the previous 5 isn't relevant.

I'd go with the US, because they have the most golds. Simple as that.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

Canada's 4 year Gold drought is mostly due to the piss-poor state of Canadian goaltending. The issue is trickling to the professional level as well.

Lollipop

Jul 23, 2013
IMO it's Sweden followed by Canada and Russia.

How can USA be the best when they were in the relegation round only two years back?:help::shakehead

Sweden has been in top 4 every year.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009

That's questionable and even so, the question isn't who has been the best on paper for the last 5 years.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

That's a very strange argument.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
I'm just baffled how we even can be in the same ballpark as USA & Canada considering the amount of registered players and population numbers as a whole.
Can throw in Russia there too, but they at least has a common number of registered players as us. (I think?)

Not bad at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad