Who has been our most important player this year?

Who have been the most and second-most important players in 22/23?

• Nathan MacKinnon

Votes: 44 41.1%
  • Mikko Rantanen

Votes: 58 54.2%
  • Cale Makar

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Alexandar Georgiev

Votes: 31 29.0%

• Total voters

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Only four realistic options here. For the past couple of weeks the main board seems to think it's one player but I think it's pretty obviously someone else.

I've allowed you to vote for two players to (hopefully) get a clearer image of first and second.

Reactions: Snow Arc

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I gotta go with MacK and Georgie. That wasn't an easy decision though, because Mikko really held down the fort when MacK got injured.

Makar has been injured a ton this season and you can tell he's been playing through a lot of it. Bednar really ran him into the ground in the early part of this season. I know other guys being out on defense was the reason for Bednar doing that, but I just hope it doesn't cost us now that the playoffs are a weekish away.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I just picked my favorite player lol. This year the three headed monster has carried us with help from a NHL goaltender.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Rantanen took charge of this team when Mack (and 10 other players) went down with injury. We're likely a wildcard team right now if Rantanen didn't have a huge season.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
With Landeskog being out, Captain Melanoma has been clutch.

1680981779013.jpeg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's down to Mikko and Alexandar and I give the edge to the goalie there. Those two kept the team in it when virtually everyone else was out. They were barely squeaking with timely goals from one guy and great goaltending. Ironically things fell apart for a good stretch there following the holiday break when Nate and Cale more or less came back. IIRC during that stretch, Georgiev was not quite on his game.

Reactions: AvsFan29

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
For this seasons success I salute Mikko.
He has done the weightlifting the whole season long while others have fallen, after the shortest summer, while having his best season yet beating all sorts of records. Beast mode! Nothing short of incredible.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Mackinnon by a country mile.

Dude has been on a mission all year. Rantanen has had elite stretches for sure, but Mack has been far more consistently great for us. George has been good as well.

Makar hasnt been healthy enough. It's a legitimate knock against him this year.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Mack was our best player but missed games.

Rants was elite but took too many nights off despite production.

Georgiev got no help from Francouz in the 2nd half of the season and I can count on one hand the number of bad games that he had all year.

Dude never played 1G minutes before and he's been super reliable and a difference maker. So him.

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
IMO Mikko will go down as one of the greats. I would put him up with Hejduk and Tanguay on the wing.

Plus he kept us alive when the entire top 6 was injured. When nate was out as well. Everyone is forgetting that part of the season where we had mikko make up like 50% of our offense/goals

Reactions: Vk1ing

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
To be fair. Yes, Rantanen buoyed the cause when MacKinnon was out. But also. Since MacKinnon has been back, Rantanen has had A LOT of quiet nights. It's still a credit to him though for bridging the Avs over the divide when MacKinnon was out.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Georgiev being 3rd in votes is kind of a joke TBH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad