Who had the worst decline this season?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Really wanna know what his injury was. Dude was clearly hampered, but his confidence didn’t seem the same either. But ya, he’s on the list, Skinner as well. 82 points to 46. Tuch went from 79 points to 59. That whole first line saw their shooting percentages drop, and with Tage seemingly hurt the chemistry just wasn’t there this year. I think they all bounce back somewhat.
Tage seemed back in action during the last month

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I read Tim Stützle a lot.

Last year was just ridiculously insane. At one point every shot went in.

That should not be his norm. 25 goals and 40/50 assists is kinda who he is.
He injured his wrist in game 4 of the year, and had it taped the rest of the year.
Also said he was playing with a shoulder injury most of the year, which was obvious by the two 3-4” athletic bands he had on his neck/shoulder area most of the year. Then took another hit with 2-3 weeks to go, and missed the rest of the year.
Missed a lot of practices during the year.
So his goal scoring being down is not a surprise, and set personal assist record, probably because couldn’t shoot as well.
We’ll see how he bounces back when healthier.

Reactions: bh53

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Another vote for Josh Anderson on the Habs

Even tho he never has been a huge scoring machine, at least he was useful the years before, like, he was disrupting the other team's play and was physical

This year, he was completly ASS and was easily the most useless player on the team
For a while this season he was unbelievably snake bitten and you could at least see the effort but post trade-deadline he just looked completely disengaged. Should start next year in Laval unless he looks like a completely different player in camp imo

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Erik Karlsson had the steepest decline.

Unfortunately, he's the type of a player who you can't rein in or he'll just suck. He requires complete freedom and the other players to just deal with whatever comes with it. If you don't give him that, he's just not worth it. He can't play "normal" hockey.

I doubt he'll ever work with Sullivan.

it is bizarre that the pens went after him since his modus operendi is so obvious. how was that ever going to click with crosby?

some gm who wants to watch the world burn should hire boudreau as a coach and trade for karlsson and kuzmenko.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
For a while this season he was unbelievably snake bitten and you could at least see the effort but post trade-deadline he just looked completely disengaged. Should start next year in Laval unless he looks like a completely different player in camp imo

1000% agree

It helped Armia a whole lot when he was sent down, so why not do it with Anderson?
Hopefully he'd came back fired up, like Armia

Reactions: Jared Dunn

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
I don’t know if that’s true. The only difference in point production was a few more PP assists last year when they had a better PP. But this year he was one of the few bright spots in the early season slump and all of his underlying numbers are better than last year.

That’s how a lot of Canucks fans feel about Pettersson this year too. Production drop off is minor but visual drop off is large.
Canucks fans are so dramatic about Pettersson. He's been injured but his playmaking has been good and was elite for the first third of the season. The last month he's played fine but unfortunately he's feeding the offensive black hole that is Mikheyev all season long.

Reactions: bh53

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Canucks fans are so dramatic about Pettersson. He's been injured but his playmaking has been good and was elite for the first third of the season. The last month he's played fine but unfortunately he's feeding the offensive black hole that is Mikheyev all season long.

There’s a lot of excuses for him too. I wouldn’t say he’s played anywhere near what he should be the last month

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
How strange that he and nylander dropped their paces heavily. Wonder what they had in common this season.
Very unlikely

If Pettersson was playing for a contract he would've signed in the summer after last season. Pretty easy to negotiate a deal after a season of being by far the best canucks player, 39 goals, 102 points, and 7th in selke voting.

Plus his play fell off before he signed the contract this year

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Don't understand the people saying Tavares tbh. He's had a 15 point drop off, and still producing 65 points in 80 games. He's turning 34 this year...

Decline? Yes
Worst decline? You're tripping

65 points for 11M is pretty damm rough, especially with todays scoring

Reactions: 43sfriends

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Petterson's numbers this season are very flattering.

All the tools in the world, with beer league level of skating, and all star game level of compete.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
I think pretty much everyone outside of some Oiler fans knew that RNH’s year was a huge anomaly. That one is no surprise.
Almost every Oiler fan knew last year was an anomaly, to be fair.

The drop off was totally expected, thankfully he still outplayed his contract value by a decent amount.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I read Tim Stützle a lot.

Last year was just ridiculously insane. At one point every shot went in.

That should not be his norm. 25 goals and 40/50 assists is kinda who he is.

That's odd because he played with injuries all year, wrist and shoulder. Thing that really affect the ability to ... You know.... Shoot the puck.

Would not be surprised if he puts up 100 points next year.

Reactions: bh53 and gab6511

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

“Five damn years,” he said, shaking his head.
“I think it’s been an underachieving season for a lot of us,” he said.

Unless this is the plan going forward:
In fairness I can confidently say as a Pens fan that Letang's brain has always been swiss cheese. I love the guy and he was a hell of a player in his prime and he always plays at max effort but he's always had severe brain lapses on the ice.

As for EK, I was disappointed that he sucked on the PP. His 5v5 play was pretty good still despite the decreased production. He made a few too many boneheaded turnovers and I'd like to see him cut those down a bit but honestly our d was wayyyyy better off with him than it would have been with Rutta/Petry. (not that that's a high bar to clear)

I think EK suffered this year from the same shit Letang used to which is people laser in on the turnovers and forget the other 95% of the game where they're helping the team on the ice. The blunders are infuriating but you take the good with the bad when it comes to guys like EK/Tanger.

Reactions: Rockman74

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
In fairness I can confidently say as a Pens fan that Letang's brain has always been swiss cheese. I love the guy and he was a hell of a player in his prime and he always plays at max effort but he's always had severe brain lapses on the ice.

As for EK, I was disappointed that he sucked on the PP. His 5v5 play was pretty good still despite the decreased production. He made a few too many boneheaded turnovers and I'd like to see him cut those down a bit but honestly our d was wayyyyy better off with him than it would have been with Rutta/Petry. (not that that's a high bar to clear)

I think EK suffered this year from the same shit Letang used to which is people laser in on the turnovers and forget the other 95% of the game where they're helping the team on the ice. The blunders are infuriating but you take the good with the bad when it comes to guys like EK/Tanger.
Oh no doubt, Tanger will be Tnager (especially at his current age), with brain cramps and all that comes with him.

Regardless of what Dubas/Sullivan envisioned, it's the reluctance to shoot, horrible shooting accuracy, and patented "TK chest snipes" that EK has to use his talent to occasionally ying to the (Le)yang.

Otherwise, the Penguins will have the sexiest and dumbest D corps in the league as they race to the bottom of the standings again.

Reactions: Pancakes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad