Who had the worst decline this season?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Hyman had a worse year this year than last season

He had 83 pts in 79 games last year and now 77 in 82

People cared only for goals, but hyman was more dynmaic and offensively valuable last year then this season

RNH makes begger money for an NHL 1st liner lol

He makes a bit more than 5M, and is a 65-75 pt player generally

Gives the oilers 2-3M in surplus value depending on how his defensive/intensity is on a game to game basis

His deal alone makes up for most of Campbell dead cap

I don’t know if that’s true. The only difference in point production was a few more PP assists last year when they had a better PP. But this year he was one of the few bright spots in the early season slump and all of his underlying numbers are better than last year.

Marner's been god awful this year. His point totals are very misleading, he's been terrible

That’s how a lot of Canucks fans feel about Pettersson this year too. Production drop off is minor but visual drop off is large.

kugelbahn

Feb 15, 2018
Mcdavid dropped 32 goals and 21 points
Yeah, it is similar to OV drop from 09-10 to 10-11 season,
from 50 (in 72 games) to 32 Goals.
OV GPG went from 0.69 to 0.41, McD from 0.78 to 0.42
OV S% went from 13.6 to 8.7, McD from 18.2 to 12.2

Both are shocking to me, goal scoring is so sensitive to dings, see Matthews case last year as well.

OV recovered, Matthews recovered, McD should recover too.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Since Jan 8, might be this guy according to his coach.

1713574380504.jpeg

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Cale Makar, played as bad defensively as Karlsson last year and as bad as Josi and Quinn Hughes the year before. Tough to watch.
I’m gonna add Pettersson to this.

Before the all star break he was on pace for 110 points and since then he’s been absolute dog shit. 64 point pace. Not engaged at all, not showing much intensity or effort, and he is refusing to shoot the puck while also having the strangest shot selections I’ve ever seen from him. He was nursing an injury around the break but it’s been awhile now. He’s surprisingly been physical though and defensively he’s still great, but offensively, he’s just not been engaged enough. Honestly one of the more frustrating stretches of hockey I’ve ever seen from him. Very Kovalev like.

I think he gets it together though real soon.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Don't understand the people saying Tavares tbh. He's had a 15 point drop off, and still producing 65 points in 80 games. He's turning 34 this year...

Decline? Yes
Worst decline? You're tripping

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009

Before the all star break he was on pace for 110 points and since then he’s been absolute dog shit. 64 point pace. Not engaged at all, not showing much intensity or effort, and he is refusing to shoot the puck while also having the strangest shot selections I’ve ever seen from him. He was nursing an injury around the break but it’s been awhile now. He’s surprisingly been physical though and defensively he’s still great, but offensively, he’s just not been engaged enough. Honestly one of the more frustrating stretches of hockey I’ve ever seen from him. Very Kovalev like.

Not dog shit, he's been underwhelming but servicable and good defensively

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Another vote for Josh Anderson on the Habs

Even tho he never has been a huge scoring machine, at least he was useful the years before, like, he was disrupting the other team's play and was physical

This year, he was completly ASS and was easily the most useless player on the team

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

How strange that he and nylander dropped their paces heavily. Wonder what they had in common this season.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Karlsson terrible at defending, terrible on powerplay.

I talked a lot last season about him not being able to play competitive games and that he is way worse player than his stats showed. Everyone was arguing with me saying that he should be unanumous norris winner, he is good at defending, and that 100pt is his real level in production as he was finally healthy. Hate that I have to watch his mistakes every night in Penguins jersey now. Where are all the Karlsson hype people now?
No one said that, but congratulations on pretending you are special.

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener

“Five damn years,” he said, shaking his head.
“I think it’s been an underachieving season for a lot of us,” he said.

Might be time to put down the ranch and ketchup, and start getting serious about your profession. A guy named Sid down the hall nearly dragged your sorry asses to the playoffs, maybe ask him for some advice on how to not underachieve.

There's already a guy filling the "idiot defenseman Mimbo" role on this team:
3832dfb96b8ac7397d485ffc0d31fbf1.jpg

Unless this is the plan going forward:
dumb-and-dumber-suits.webp

GettyImages-1831151396.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad