Player Discussion Who goes to make room for Dahlin?

After the Canucks win the Draft Lottery tomorrow who is expendable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Our karma is good this year, like the Jets in 2016 winning out the year.

A stroke of good luck could potentially make us perennial contenders.
haha that's not how probability works. there are karma and good times and then there are actual numbers that actually have a real effect on the Canucks chances. The canucks "numbers" show they actually have less of a chance at that happening after their winning streak (by moving up in the standings).

Here's a random thought: if the last lotto winner only bought one single lottery ticket and won it all, for next weeks lottery would you rather hold 99.9% of the tickets yourself (if you somehow got them for free, I dont know) or be the guy holding one ticket (because last weeks winner had only one ticket)?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
haha that's not how probability works. there are karma and good times and then there are actual numbers that actually have a real effect on the Canucks chances. The canucks "numbers" show they actually have less of a chance at that happening after their winning streak (by moving up in the standings).

Here's a random thought: if the last lotto winner only bought one single lottery ticket and won it all, for next weeks lottery would you rather hold 99.9% of the tickets yourself (if you somehow got them for free, I dont know) or be the guy holding one ticket (because last weeks winner had only one ticket)?

spoken like a guy who has never seen a hot hand at a craps table.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
spoken like a guy who has never seen a hot hand at a craps table.
Using the analogy of gambling hot streaks to "double down" on the premise is quite funny- in a ridiculous sort of way. What's left - 5 hours of hope and feeling good lol? Enjoy it while you still can!

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Using the analogy of gambling hot streaks to "double down" on the premise is quite funny- in a ridiculous sort of way. What's left - 5 hours of hope and feeling good lol? Enjoy it while you still can!

Why did Pavel switch is number to 96 and then back to 10? It's all about feeling good, it's all about attitude and mindset. I have no issues with people having the mindset/hope/confidence that we are going to get the #1 pick.

Lets do this!

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Why did Pavel switch is number to 96 and then back to 10? It's all about feeling good, it's all about attitude and mindset. I have no issues with people having the mindset/hope/confidence that we are going to get the #1 pick.

Lets do this!
Feeling good is great. Everyone should feel as good as possible hopefully. So if people believe they will get the #1 pick and they feel good about it - that's honestly great. Even at a 1% chance there is still a chance, so be positive - no problem there, that is a great outlook.

But if people are trying to make an argument that because the Canucks technically have a lower probability to win 1st overall - they actually have more of a chance at winning because of karma or 'it's our year' - that's non nonsensical and silly. While feeling good is great you can't really believe/publicly state things that contradict reality - especially if you are using it for reasoning out your current situation. You can I guess, but some will take issue with it.

As well Pavel changing is number may indeed have affected his mindset in a positive way, thus directly improving his performance on the ice. In this situation a fan's or even Jim Benning's mindset will not affect the outcome in any way whatsoever. So I don't see the point in fans rambling on about nonsensical things, to make themselves feel better. Best case scenario it's a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad