Player Discussion Who goes to make room for Dahlin?

After the Canucks win the Draft Lottery tomorrow who is expendable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Get the feeling that Hutton is gone in the offseason.
Pouliot, Biega, and Gudbranson should be #7s on decent teams.
Gudbranson and Tanev are both injured enough to miss a full season so combined they only take up 1 spot.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Canucks aren't going to win the lottery. I could see them picking 3rd though.

To answer the question: Gudbranson, MDZ, Pouliot can all go. Team wouldn't lose anything on the ice if they lost those guys to waivers.

Reactions: Pavel96

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Canucks aren't going to win the lottery. I could see them picking 3rd though.

To answer the question: Gudbranson, MDZ, Pouliot can all go. Team wouldn't lose anything on the ice if they lost those guys to waivers.
I think they will win the 2nd pick, then proceed to trade down to select a dmen (who in 3-4 years still won't be in a canucks uniform while several others picked after him will be in NHL). They will get an extra 3rd round pick and talk about how great they are at acquiring more picks.

As well the offensive players selected at 2-3 will go on to have great NHL careers. It feels like them winning the second overall pick is the situation that has the most potential for stupidity (their version of shrewdness) to follow.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
my prediction hasn't changed

against all historical precedents of canuck luck we win the lottery

jim benning walks up to the podium with a determined look on his face

he looks bravely at the stands and attempts to stare down a few journalists who have been picking on him, but looks down at the last minute

"with the number one overall pick, the vancouver canucks are pleased to select... [pauses for emphasis]... brady tackachuck"

and you guys say he never learns

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Watching people believe in luck and history and lottery simulators every year makes me sad.

There's a small chance we get Dahlin. There's a large chance we don't. Chance is all it is, like flipping a coin.

Reactions: Charles Bushman

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009
Isn't this just another way of asking "which Canuck defender do you like the least"? Regardless, my answer is still Pouliot haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad