Milan Lucic ($6M x 5 Full NMC)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Someone added Milan Lucic with a giant questionmark. I didn't put him on the list because it clearly says the obvious ones >>this trade deadline<<

To the person who added this question at the top of the poll::: Explain how any sane GM adds Milan Lucic this trade deadline please.

Reactions: I am the Liquor

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Except when it matters, like the 5 on 3 yesterday...

Well, their most desperate and urgent need (of many) is wingers who can put pucks on net and score some goals.

Even if that's the case, trading RNH for one doesn't help this team. You just end up in the exact same place you are now where you've only got 3 players capable of producing offense and you're still in a situation where whoever has the unlucky happenstance of being stuck on the 2nd line is on an island by themselves.

Plus you lose the very significant versatility of being able to play McDavid and Drai together.

The only way it might make some sense if for some reason the other team was giving up a significantly better player than Nuge. But I don't really know why any team would care to do that.

Reactions: ujju2

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Petrovic and Rattie for late picks.

Would be nice to see Manning go and I wouldn't mind seeing Benning, Brodziak, and Reider move but I don't see there being interest. I hope Chiasson stays and re-signs but if he goes I'd imagine it would be unlikely he returns a 2nd given how cold he's been.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Chaisson would be the only one I think that would get an immediate return. Very low cap hit and it could be that he can get some goals for a new team that needs more secondary scoring and cup experience. 3rd round draft pick in return.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Chiasson is the only one I can see garner any real interest. No one else has any real value. If a couple of the guys listed didn't have an extra year on their deal then I could see them being moved but that extra year is usually killer. Both Brodziak and Kassian could probably have garnered some interest otherwise.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Even if that's the case, trading RNH for one doesn't help this team. You just end up in the exact same place you are now where you've only got 3 players capable of producing offense and you're still in a situation where whoever has the unlucky happenstance of being stuck on the 2nd line is on an island by themselves.

Plus you lose the very significant versatility of being able to play McDavid and Drai together.

The only way it might make some sense if for some reason the other team was giving up a significantly better player than Nuge. But I don't really know why any team would care to do that.
And no one can accuse you of being an unabashed Nuge fan either. :thumbu:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I don’t know who will go for sure by the deadline. But I’d be surprised if RNH, Nurse, and Lucic are still on the team for training camp 2020. I could see both Nurse and RNH going for depth young players at the deadline. Something like Nurse to NY for Dobson+1st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad