Speculation: Who gets third A?

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Cleary?! Sorry, had to say it.

Call me crazy, but Nyquist might get it, lol. Kronner did say he is a savior.

Seriously, though, Big E and Mule have good chances.

Last edited:

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
If he was the player he was 4 years ago I could absolutely see Cleary getting it. But not so much now.

I'm personally hoping for Helm followed by Ericsson. Wouldn't be shocked to see Franzen get it either, and although he'd be my 3rd choice, it wouldn't be a bad choice for the way he's played lately and for future motivation maybe.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Has to be one of Helm, Ericsson, or Franzen. I can see cases for and against all 3. Will certainly be interesting to see who, if any of them, has it tomorrow night. Would be another little insight into how the organization views certain players, at least relative to one another.

I'm going to guess Ericsson :)

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I think alfie could have a outside shot as well. He got the A on his sweater against ottawa. Don't know if it was a one time exception though given the particular game.

However if it is given true to form like it is usually done I agree that one of franzen, helm, or kronner would be in line to pick it up.

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
I think alfie could have a outside shot as well. He got the A on his sweater against ottawa. Don't know if it was a one time exception though given the particular game.

However if it is given true to form like it is usually done I agree that one of franzen, helm, or kronner would be in line to pick it up.

Kronner already have A.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Damn lidstrom retirement screwing me up :(. I guess then Big Rig probably has it after franzen or helm. Damn insomnia making me not think straight.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012

Alfie's been rocking it since Datsyuk went down I believe and as said Kronner's a regular A anyway. I'm guessing Ericsson gets it, second option Helm. I don't think Franzen would even want it with his social anxiety problem.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Should be either Franzen or Ericsson. I think they will go with Ericsson.

But they might want to give non-Swede a 'A'.

In that case either Helm or Miller

NyquistIsMyGod*

Drew Miller mentioned above is interesting, but I'm with the majority here in Ericsson, Franzen, or Helm. I actually think it would be Helm if the team chooses to add another. I know Franzen and Ericsson have worn the A during preseason before.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I really think Cleary gets it. All the talk about his leadership and stuff. Does if even matter though?

Little do we know that it was Cleary's leadership that has led the Wings to win despite Datsyuk's absence.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of Cleary, Ericsson, Franzen. After that, any jersey you put a letter on would come as a surprise to me. I was tweeting about this the minute Zetterberg's injury status was posted... instead of freaking out too much, I asked, "who will wear the third A?" hahaha. So lame.

Anyways, I think it'll be Ericsson or Franzen... if it was Cleary, I'd expect to see him out there a bit more than the 10 minutes he plays per night these days. I don't think they'll give it to him specifically because they don't expect him to skate more than 10 minutes, but we'll see.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 2 min
With Datsyuk & Zetterberg both out of the lineup tonight, Franzen and Alfredsson will join Kronwall in wearing an "A" on their right chest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad