Who gets the goal if two players tap or push the puck into the net simultaenously?

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
It clearly goes to the person whose intentions totally cross the line first ;)

...and in true HF Boards fashion I will now completely cross the line and say that if the top two draft picks this year were owned by the same team and they simultaneously took the shot then the goal goes to Patrik Laine AINEC. :D unlike ichabod13 I may have just derailed the thread

Last edited:

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I'm assuming it'll be decided how empty net goals when a delayed penalty are called, the player closest to the net.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Lets say theres a loose puck behind the tendie and two players reach for the puck to tap it in and they both hit it at the exact same time, and the puck leaves their sticks at the exact same time. Who is awarded the goal?

The goal that Okposo just scored made me think of this. He and Reinhart almost did this.
What are the odds of that being the case if it was broken down frame-by-frame?

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
If it were two Canadians they'd offer the goal to the each other until they decide to give it to the 2nd assist guy.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Lets say theres a loose puck behind the tendie and two players reach for the puck to tap it in and they both hit it at the exact same time, and the puck leaves their sticks at the exact same time. Who is awarded the goal?

The goal that Okposo just scored made me think of this. He and Reinhart almost did this.

They play rock, scissors, paper.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
They'll flip a coin and Crosby will be awarded the secondary assist

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
The goalie!

Don't know, I guess slow motion would tell us. But if it crossed the line off both sticks I would go for who touched the puck first

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i imagine it will be whomever touch it last, this is the best and correct answer. it would have to be figured out via replay. however, if the replay does not have the best angle, then the scoring judge will have to call it based on what he sees via replay as to which was the last stick to touch it.

great question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad