Who gets over 20 goals? Krug?

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
Started this at first if Krug could get to 20 or more goals this year. But then why not open it up for anyone would could get 20+. If Krug continues to score I think he might have a shot, I do not see him letting up on the gas in the offensive zone. He is a real treat to watch too.

Lucic is well on his way. Kelly will likely fizzle out. I am also not confident in Marchy's goal production this year. Bergy can and will be close. DK can get there. I was thinking Iggy would get close to 35 but not so sure now I still he turns it on they start going in in bunches for him.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Mocked I was when I predicted Krug might lead us in scoring.

Lucic will hit 20 goals if he plays 80 games no doubt and Krug and Krejci should too we are going to have a ton of guys around 15 but probably not 20 (Bergy Marshy Reilly Z and a couple more ie Iggy.)

(I now think Krejci should lead the team by 5-10 points this year though with Krug 2nd maybe Krejci 68 points Krug 59.)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I can see him getting 15+ and then opting out and signing a multi year deal with his hometown Red Wings that Boston cant match. Chiarelli had to make a short deal to sign him and Krug can cash in. It would be disappointing but Krug has the power, and will be in huge demand.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I can see him getting 15+ and then opting out and signing a multi year deal with his hometown Red Wings that Boston cant match. Chiarelli had to make a short deal to sign him and Krug can cash in. It would be disappointing but Krug has the power, and will be in huge demand.

And if someone makes him a Huge offer that Boston can't match, then Boston will collect at least a first and a third round pick in return.

I think Boston gets him locked up in the offseason, but it will cost. I suspect his next deal will be Marchand money or More

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

RFA. We get compensation.

With the contracts by Kadri and Stepan to name two, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he signs a team-friendly 2-year bridge contract... He's in the same ballpark, real good young player, but not entirely proven. If anything, Stepan and Kadri are way higher than him. Can't cash in big time yet. He seems to like the city and team and appears very well liked. Has a huge fanbase here. I think he'll stay.

Back on topic, Lucic, Iginla, Bergeron, Marchand, and Eriksson if his injury isn't too serious. On the fence is Krejci, somewhere between 18-22. Doubt Krug gets 20, but he doesn't exactly need to. More about the points. Him and Dougie have been doing really well lately, keep it up young guys. :handclap:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think Dougie can hit 40 if he gets the ice time.

Agreed. Offensively he is already really really good. (I'd say there's only 5-10 d men in the league who are better than him offensively right now.)

Having 7 guys who can play right now is really pushing Hamilton because he is never going to be far from a handful of games in the press box.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Doubt it. If Krug leaves it will be in a trade to a bad team with cap room for a high pick. Hes a good guy for a small market team to pay. PC gets good returns on offensive defensemen (Lashoff, Morris, Wideman brought back some good players) he'll sell high on Torey Krug some point in his next rfa bridge contract.

We might restructure our team to fit Krug and Hamilton long term but thats 10-15 mil in their primes for 2 guys. Common sense says Hamilton is the one likely to get paid here long term but I wouldn't say thats a certainty.

(It helps to pick right on the big ticket D men look at the Redden Chara situation I don't think its 100% that Hamilton is the correct one to pay maybe we want to keep Krug long term.)

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Lucic, Bergy, Iginla, Eriksson, Krug, Marchand if he wakes up, Kelly if he stays hot, Krejci...

We could have a helluva lot of 20+ scorers this year.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Agreed. Offensively he is already really really good. (I'd say there's only 5-10 d men in the league who are better than him offensively right now.)

Having 7 guys who can play right now is really pushing Hamilton because he is never going to be far from a handful of games in the press box.

I predict Hamilton will see very little time in the pressbox the rest of the way. I love the way Krug is playing. Every time he makes a great play,I feel like jumping off my chesterfield. I love seeing a little guy beat the odds and prove everybody wrong.The dynamics of Krug(an undrafted little guy with a big heart) makes him my favorite player.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I know Iggy hasn't scored yet but I think he gets 20 and I think Looch will get 20.

Krejci is iffy but will be close-he may end up collecting more points then goals.

I think Marchand will get 20.

I can see Eriksson with 20 provided he isn't out too long with his concussion and comes back without having lost his momentum (last few games he really seemed to have liked up the system and was making a lot of good things happen).

Krug may hit 20 but I bet he ends up either way with at least 30 points-provided he doesn't hit a rookie slump and plays about 70 plus games. He IMO would be in talks for he. Calder Cup in just about any other year but this one (Rookie class IMO right now is outstanding and I think it will be tough for a defenseman to stand out with the excellent rookie forwards this year).

As for whether we re-sign him-there is a reason he signed with Boston and I think as long as the team is succeeding he will re-sign-he will get paid though-at least if he continues to produce.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad