Who gets no Hart nomination: McDavid, Kucherov, MacKinnon or Matthews?

Who gets no Hart nomination: McDavid, Kucherov, MacKinnon or Matthews?

• McDavid, he has won enough Hart trophies!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kucherov, It's obvious why he's getting left out!

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • MacKinnon, I like the fact that he's getting snubbed. Then I can complain on hfboards...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matthews, His point total is too low, when you got 3 other guys with 140 points

Votes: 98 91.6%
  • Too early to tell...

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • All 4 guys should be nominated this season!

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Sportsnet ran a Hart debate a few days ago in the style of NHL 94 and included Matthews in there, I thought that was cute.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Matthews is having a great season, but it’s not even a top 5 Hart candidate this year.

Mackinnon, McDavid and Kuch are the obvious 3
Panarin is having a great season with less support than Matthews

Pastrnak is having a better season with Pavel Zacha and Danton Heinen as his linemates

Matthews is scoring a ton, but is tied with his own teammate in scoring, and behind all the mentioned above in points

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Matthews was in the mix when he was pacing for the mid 70s in goals. The mid 60s isn’t going to cut it when the top three scoring leaders are going to finish with 30 more points.

It’s debatable if Matthews is even going to finish 4th at this point with the seasons Panarin and Pasta are having.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
The season isn't over yet, but Matthews is currently 30 points out of 3rd place. Going back to expansion (1968), there have been zero instances of a forward finishing 30+ points (or even 25+ points) behind 3rd place in scoring, and being a Hart trophy finalist.

Reactions: jigglysquishy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad