Who gets called up?

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Now that we have 2 open slots, whe gets called up and when?

How do we not bring up Moser who made the Olympic team for his country? Beck, Watson and of course FF. At least one has to be called up due to the lack of players on the roster.

As much as I would like for FF to be called up, I think it should be Beck and Watson. Give FF another month in Milwaukee to see how he is progressing. If he is blowing them away (as we all think he will), then consider sending down someone or trading someone away.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Now that we have 2 open slots, whe gets called up and when?

How do we not bring up Moser who made the Olympic team for his country? Beck, Watson and of course FF. At least one has to be called up due to the lack of players on the roster.

As much as I would like for FF to be called up, I think it should be Beck and Watson. Give FF another month in Milwaukee to see how he is progressing. If he is blowing them away (as we all think he will), then consider sending down someone or trading someone away.

Umm, cause we have several forwards at the AHL level that are better than him and they haven't even been called up. Just cause his country has a lack of forward depth... :huh:

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Beck or Forsberg depending on the concern of Forsberg's development/ ability to play over winter break based on the number of NHL games he's played so far.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Beck or Watson. MVG if Nashville needs another center.

Let Sissons and FF stay in Milwaukee and grow their game a little.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
In the middle of the night last night, I had a brilliant idea: what if we bring up Moser? He's playing really well right now (7 points in 8 games in January), and it's not like he could play in Milwaukee during the roster freeze anyway. It'll give him a taste of the NHL after nearly making the roster out of training camp.

Recall him and either Beck or Forsberg, scratch Stalberg and Clune and see what happens. Not like getting worse will harm us in the long term.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
In the middle of the night last night, I had a brilliant idea: what if we bring up Moser? He's playing really well right now (7 points in 8 games in January), and it's not like he could play in Milwaukee during the roster freeze anyway. It'll give him a taste of the NHL after nearly making the roster out of training camp.

Recall him and either Beck or Forsberg, scratch Stalberg and Clune and see what happens. Not like getting worse will harm us in the long term.

has Forsberg exceeded the number of games in the NHL to prevent him from being sent to Milwaukee during the Olys? I think he may stay down just so he doesnt have to take a two week break.

Im cool with Beck or Sissons as long as they can go back down during the olympic break

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
I'd give Beck the call and leave a roster spot open just in case. Then Watson, I think FF needs to stay in one place and develop with Sissons, who will be playing for the Preds for some time.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
So we make the trade on Wed Jan 15, we keep 3 Goalies till Friday and then send Maz down, here it is Monday and NO ONE has been called up. What gives!? Is the 15/20 rule for the Olympics keeping us from recalling one of the Ads up to the Preds? Are they gonna just stay pat? Anybody know?

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Maybe Poile has a couple of trade options working and wants to see if one of them pans out in the next day or so before calling anyone up.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
So we make the trade on Wed Jan 15, we keep 3 Goalies till Friday and then send Maz down, here it is Monday and NO ONE has been called up. What gives!? Is the 15/20 rule for the Olympics keeping us from recalling one of the Ads up to the Preds? Are they gonna just stay pat? Anybody know?

Not only was Mazanec sent down already, but he played on Saturday for the Admirals :)

this is all money management right now. Saving a few bucks because they can.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Not only was Mazanec sent down already, but he played on Saturday for the Admirals :)

this is all money management right now. Saving a few bucks because they can.

I agree. If Trotz wants the same lineup there is no point in calling anyone up. I think they'll call someone up for the road trip though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad