Who From Your Team will be Drafted?

Box Score Watcher

Nov 13, 2021
This is seen as a weak year for the OHL as far as the NHL draft is concerned. Just wondering who you believe will be drafted from your favourite team this summer.

For Kitchener, (first year) eligible players include Andrew and Jacob Leblanc, Trent Swick, and Antonino Pugliese. As of today, I’m not confident that any will be taken in the NHL draft this year

Reactions: EvenSteven

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Bryce McConnell-Barker
Kirill Kudrayavtsev
-both of these should be for sure and I’ll take a flyer on a late pick of Connor Toms.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
This is seen as a weak year for the OHL as far as the NHL draft is concerned. Just wondering who you believe will be drafted from your favourite team this summer.

For Kitchener, (first year) eligible players include Andrew and Jacob Leblanc, Trent Swick, and Antonino Pugliese. As of today, I’m not confident that any will be taken in the NHL draft this year

If I had to pick one, there is a slight chance Jacob LeBlanc is a very late round pick. And I mean slight.

Ditto second year eligible Mitch Martin.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
The only one I could see for the Sting is Max Namestnikov. Nolan Dann could be drafted as a re-entry

Box Score Watcher

Nov 13, 2021
If I had to pick one, there is a slight chance Jacob LeBlanc is a very late round pick. And I mean slight.

Ditto second year eligible Mitch Martin.
Going to have to agree here. Based on what I’ve seen, the only (very remote) possibility is Jacob Leblanc. If Martin was a year younger, I’d say he has a decent chance.

Overall, seems like a very forgettable draft year for the OHL. Is it within the realm of possibility that Shane Wright will be the only OHL player taken in round one? Has that ever happened before?

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Going to have to agree here. Based on what I’ve seen, the only (very remote) possibility is Jacob Leblanc. If Martin was a year younger, I’d say he has a decent chance.

Overall, seems like a very forgettable draft year for the OHL. Is it within the realm of possibility that Shane Wright will be the only OHL player taken in round one? Has that ever happened before?
Its possible but unlikely. Feel pretty safe that Nelson will be a 1st rounder and then Poitras, McConnell-Barker both have decent chances

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I’d like to think from the Petes you’ll see Robertson and Mayer as re-entry guys who are having very very good D+1 seasons … hopefully Alfano and DeZoete can pick it up in the second half and play there way into a late round selection.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
It took him a sec to get going but Gavin Hayes has 7g 6a in his last 10 games and has definitely worked his way back into the highly likely to get drafted group. I’d bet Coulson Pitre is putting himself on a bunch of team’s radars too. I think Luca D’Amato, Amadeus Lombardi, Riley Piercey and Tyler Deline are playing their way towards pro careers too but I highly doubt they’ll get drafted.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It took him a sec to get going but Gavin Hayes has 7g 6a in his last 10 games and has definitely worked his way back into the highly likely to get drafted group. I’d bet Coulson Pitre is putting himself on a bunch of team’s radars too. I think Luca D’Amato, Amadeus Lombardi, Riley Piercey and Tyler Deline are playing their way towards pro careers too but I highly doubt they’ll get drafted.

I’d be mildly surprised if Hayes is not picked by 75.
There has to be team willing to use a pick on Lombardi

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyPops

Box Score Watcher

Nov 13, 2021
I’d like to think from the Petes you’ll see Robertson and Mayer as re-entry guys who are having very very good D+1 seasons … hopefully Alfano and DeZoete can pick it up in the second half and play there way into a late round selection.
Robertson and Mayer seem like no brainers. And like you said, outside shots for Alfano and Dezotte based on strong second halfs. McCoy would also be selected but has a late birthday and isn’t eligible until next year

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Arnsby, Nelson, Divencentiis, Mathurin. Possibly Wakely and Jackson as re re entry

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I always see scouts loving him but 4 goals in 29 games as a 17/18 year old?

4 goals... but 21 points in those 29 games. Last year he didn't play so the "as a 17/18 year old doesn't really ring true." He is a very good playmaker and works hard along the boards, wins puck battles. When his line is on the ice they are in the offensive zone the majority of the time. I hope he and liney Bowman are rewarded for their great work this year.

Edited to say I don't think Karabela goes first two rounds. Probably 3rd to 5th.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Mintyukov could go 1st Rd and Sapovaliv is a top 50 guy? Both are really starting to adjust to the OHL and are on a very young team, are getting plenty of TOI to develop their game.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Bryce McConnell-Barker
Kirill Kudrayavtsev
-both of these should be for sure and I’ll take a flyer on a late pick of Connor Toms.
Agree on the first two, but I am not sure that Toms has shown enough at this level yet to warrant a pick. However, that being said, he still has a high ceiling. I actually think Carlisle and Allard might develop into better OHLers than Toms, but not sure if it would translate to the next level for them.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Not sold on Arnsby. Hasn't shown much even given first line and PP time early on.
nope, has not progressed offensively at all, hands of stone lol, though I think he is still drafted... possibly last round. Van Steensel have a shot? maybe if he finished the year off the way its been going

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad