Who ends the season with more Points Nils Hoglander or Tyler Toffoli?

Who ends the season with more Points Nils Hoglander or Tyler Toffoli?

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Have to go with Toffoli until we see more from Hoglander. He looks good but I'm still being cautiously optimistic with him, as he's exceeded most expectations coming into camp, and it's possible some of his success so far stems from being more game ready from playing in Europe. I think it's unlikely either way that Hoglander is the better player today, and Toffoli would almost certainly score more in the same position, but Hoglander might be in a better situation if the two stay where they are, as Toffoli as the 3rd line LW probably isn't the best way to maximize his production.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think it will be close tbh. Both about .5 PPG if healthy I think. Safer bet is TT but Hoglander playing in the top 6 should be close. I guess it boils down to whether he can hold onto that spot. But there’s not a lot of competition on the team as top 6 type winger depth is not great.

Last edited:

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I think it will be close tbh. Both about .5 PPG if healthy I think. Safer bet is TT but Hoglander playing in the top 6 should be close. I guess it boils down to whether he can hold onto that spot. But there’s not a lot of competition on the team as top 6 type winger depth is not great.
He is also going to get some nice looks with PP1 until Miller is back. I think it's going to be closer than this poll will be.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Have to go with Toffoli until we see more from Hoglander. He looks good but I'm still being cautiously optimistic with him, as he's exceeded most expectations coming into camp, and it's possible some of his success so far stems from being more game ready from playing in Europe. I think it's unlikely either way that Hoglander is the better player today, and Toffoli would almost certainly score more in the same position, but Hoglander might be in a better situation if the two stay where they are, as Toffoli as the 3rd line LW probably isn't the best way to maximize his production.

Toffoli is actually in a great position to score a lot of points this year if he gels well with Kotkaniemi. They aren't assigned to play against the other teams' top lines and Habs are basically rolling three 2nd lines anyway. On top of that he has at least started on the #1 PP unit. I'd bank on him scoring more than Höglander who is a bit of a question mark for now.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I’m going to buck the trend here and say Hoglander. I think he’s gonna get some big opportunities in Vancouver this season and might post some surprising point totals.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Hoglander has 30 pts in his last 60-something games in the SEL, 14 in 23 this season before coming over.. this is a young guy playing with a lot of jump right now (+ not rusty like almost everyone else) but can he really at least match his SEL production in the NHL in the long run this year?

I mean i don't know how you can predict with a straight face that Hoglander outscores Toffoli. If it happens great but if you're making that prediction based on 2 games it's irrational and leads me to believe there's about a dozen other random predictions you make every week.

It's not going to be an easy schedule to keep up the intensity for these young guys who haven't gone through an NHL season.

I still remember when Jesper Bratt had an awesome start with the Devils and then just faded as the season went on. Was never for the lack of opportunity.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
These handful of Benning fans that remain try and do these polls to prove the bozo Benning is good. Man do these polls backfire HILARIOUSLY :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad