Speculation: Who do you want TOR to draft, who do you think Treliving will draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Well first off I don't think they are taking anybody at 28 because I don't think they are keeping #28.

In his press conference Brad kept talking about how this team needs to keep knocking on the door.

Guys have you looked at their cap friendly page? They have 11 players who are some form of free agent, they have holes to fill to fill and drafting 28 doesn't help with that.

And no "Marlies" is not the answer you can't have 11 Marlies on the roster.

That said IF it's kept I want a center because we have NOTHING in our prospect pool at center, as much as I like Tavares and don't see what others do when it comes to him slowing down, the man was PPG last year.

He is going to be 33, if you are going to keep the pick start preparing now, so that in 3 years when his production is slowing down you might have somebody ready to take over.

And please don't give me this "take the best player available" bullshit, after pick 5, MAYBE 10 in this draft because this is considered a deep draft you don't know who the best player available is.

Once you get past the top 10 it's a crapshoot.

and it's sure as hell a crapshoot at 28 so take a center.

Prepare now because Tavares is going to be 33.

But like I said I don't think they are keeping #28

• Haha
Reactions: LeafalCrusader

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Getting a first for Sandin is pretty good value. The prospect we get with that first probably will be more impactful for our team vs Sandin. Sandin just was never going to be a top 4 dman for us.
Pretty sure that Sandin is above average value for the position where he was drafted.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Pretty sure that Sandin is above average value for the position where he was drafted.
Sandin was drafted #29 overall in 2018 and now Leafs are picking #28 overall in 2023 after investing 5 years of development in Rasmus.

1687463765629.png

2022-23 - Totals 71 games 7 goals 28 assists 35 points

Rasmus was a successful NHL pick, he currently sits 15th overall from his draft class of 2018 in points with 63.

1687464020032.png

Frostitute

Feb 9, 2022
Northern Ontario
Well first off I don't think they are taking anybody at 28 because I don't think they are keeping #28.

In his press conference Brad kept talking about how this team needs to keep knocking on the door.

Guys have you looked at their cap friendly page? They have 11 players who are some form of free agent, they have holes to fill to fill and drafting 28 doesn't help with that.

That said IF it's kept I want a center because we have NOTHING in our prospect pool at center, as much as I like Tavares and don't see what others do when it comes to him slowing down, the man was PPG last year.

He is going to be 33, if you are going to keep the pick start preparing now, so that in 3 years when his production is slowing down you might have somebody ready to take over.

And please don't give me this "take the best player available" bullshit, after pick 5, MAYBE 10 in this draft because this is considered a deep draft you don't know who the best player available is.

Damn, took you a lot of words to say nothing 😄

the Mighty Oak

May 13, 2023

Yeah, this makes the most sense to me. He will probably use the pic in the trade

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Best trade Dubie ever made .. Sandin wanted ridiculous $$$ and guaranteed playing time whether earned or not .. and he skates at an OHL speed level STILL .. D today need speed and size and he had NEITHER
It'd be far too early at this time for me to acknowledge the trading of Sandin for a 1st as the top trade made by Dubas. What we certainly do know is that the pick will be one slot better than the one previously used by the team to draft Sandin. Although I'd have to admit that Sandin's ceiling as a Leaf was essentially going to be capped by Rielly, it was still possible for Sandin to have eventually surpassed Giordano (or McCabe?) on that left side D.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The guys who I like include Sale, Bonk, Edstrom and Musty. Stramel is interesting, but I don't think he has enough upside.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It'd be far too early at this time for me to acknowledge the trading of Sandin for a 1st as the top trade made by Dubas. What we certainly do know is that the pick will be one slot better than the one previously used by the team to draft Sandin. Although I'd have to admit that Sandin's ceiling as a Leaf was essentially going to be capped by Rielly, it was still possible for Sandin to have eventually surpassed Giordano (or McCabe?) on that left side D.
You can't have a CEILING in todays game when you can't keep up to NHL pace .. his stride is just too short and it won't ever be fixed .. he is already SUPER strong so he can't generate any more power in his stride either .. he has a faulty stride and it won't ever be fixed

Reactions: Buds17

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
There are rumours that JVR wants to come back to the Leafs, I'd like see him sign for 1 year at 1 million to help with their scoring.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
From what I can see, BT has never traded down from the 1st round. He has used a 1st rounder to acquire a defenseman he wants. I don't think he's going to try anything cute.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
In a long list of swing and miss 1st rounders, I'm fully confident we will draft someone with the potential and career of a Biggs, Pogge or Cereda.

cupcrazyman2

Jul 13, 2022
I also like strong hockey bloodlines as these kids also have in house role models and teachers.

Leafs currently pick #28 overall and here are Ethan Gauthier draft rankings among many scouting agencies.

View attachment 719984

TSN Bobby Mac and Craig Button have him as high as 16/17 but others including Sportsnet have him going around on right on our pick. :)
I also like strong hockey bloodlines as these kids also have in house role models and teachers.

Leafs currently pick #28 overall and here are Ethan Gauthier draft rankings among many scouting agencies.

View attachment 719984

TSN Bobby Mac and Craig Button have him as high as 16/17 but others including Sportsnet have him going around on right on our pick. :)
Perrault,Bonk or Gauthier would be the picks I'm ok with considering we pick #28.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
From what I can see, BT has never traded down from the 1st round. He has used a 1st rounder to acquire a defenseman he wants. I don't think he's going to try anything cute.
He's not going to be at the draft table and likely everything is going to be deferred to our scouting staff, who have been doing the work all year regardless. It wouldn't shock me if Shanny makes the decision to trade down if they don't have their guy available or there's a cluster of players that are similar calibre and ceiling.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
It would be nice to have some more size but there are a number of pretty exciting smaller forwards. I think there is an excellent chance of getting an impact forward this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad