Who do you want to win draft lottery?

Who do you hope wins the draft lottery (pick top 2)?

• Total voters

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
I’d like to see a team choose 1st and 2nd for the first time ever (to the best of my knowledge). So I voted the Sens.

Fans deserve it. Owner probably doesn’t though.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Detroit. Always been a strong organization, well run, who contends and competes. Unlike many other teams, they didn't build their success on high draft picks. Now that they actually suck - I think i'd be fine with seeing them get Laf. If you contrast that with teams like Pitt, Chicago or Edmonton who had multiple top picks - I think it'd be nice to see Detroit win one.

Buffalo. I like Eichel/Dahlin a lot - so seeing Lafreniere added to that duo would be very, very special and deadly. Could be a ton of fun for the league.

Since I'm a Habs fan - by voting for those teams it just creates that much more competition in our division, which sucks. But quite frankly i just don't really like the other teams listed much.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I personally want to see Detroit win, but at the same time I'd rather they wait for Shane Wright/Connor Bedard.

I believe Byfield is a better fit for Ottawa than Lafreniere is. But it'd be pretty cool to see Ottawa get both picks.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Red Wings for sure. No animosity if they do since they've gotten unlucky in recent draft lotteries.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
If the Sharks held their pick i would vote for them. They did their best to ice a team that would challenge but had a horrible season instead. I respect that they tried to not be in this situation.
I'll throw votes in for Buffalo and Detroit. It's been too long since the Sabres were competitive and the Wings are just so bad that they desperately need help.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If the Sharks held their pick i would vote for them. They did their best to ice a team that would challenge but had a horrible season instead. I respect that they tried to not be in this situation.
I'll throw votes in for Buffalo and Detroit. It's been too long since the Sabres were competitive and the Wings are just so bad that they desperately need help.
If the Sabres get the 1st overall pick they might be approaching Edmonton and New Jersey levels where people complain about the same team always having it. They got Jack Eichel 2nd overall in 2015 and Rasmus Dahlin 1st overall in 2018.

Reactions: Voight

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
well as a Wings fan that ones obvious

if it can't be the Wings i'd like to see Edmonton win it,that would be pretty funny

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Sens. They already have so much young talent. Really like where they are headed provided they can sign their stars long term.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
1 - Detroit: Last time the Redwings drafted top 3 2/3 of the people who post regularly were not even born yet.
They deserve it the most.
2 - Kings: - They were competitive for a long time and their GM made a lot of moves that looked good but didn't turn out in the end. They've got a ton of long term contracts that are going to break them and they need a young star badly to pick up the slack as their best players enter the twilight of their careers.
3 - Ducks: They've been well managed under a number of managers and it's been a long time since we've seen them spend signifiant time in the basement. It wasn't that long ago that they looked like a a real competitor. Too many of their core players saw their game virtually fall into the dumpster over night. Kinda unprecedented.
4 - Senators: + Sharks (Sentors) - I like this team, but call me part of the hateful mob... but yeah I don't mind crapping on their owner and if I didn't know anything about their owner I'd have them up at #2.
5 - Devils: Not a fan of their asset management and moves they made. They could turn into the next Oilers/Sabers who sit at the bottom of the league collecting bluechip prospects till something sticks and I'm not a fan of that.
6 - Sabers: After the Oilers got their 2nd 1st overall pick a lot of my non-Oil fan friends convinced me that a team shouldn't be allowed to pick 1st overall so often. I know you can't compare Buffalo's draft position over the last decade to Edmonton's from when the drafted Hall and forward, but I really don't like seeing a team picking top 10 that often. I think teams should be bared from drafting top 3 twice within 5 years to encourage teams to stay competitive. So if you've drafted top 3 in the past 5 years and you win the lottery, you actually just won 4th overall. You can tell me that there are teams out there that lose so much money when they're a bubble team and they're better off tanking so that they can get a young core and actually stand a chance at breaking even or making a profit having a legit playoff team, but I'm not cool with that. Fans pay way too much $$$ and shouldn't being paying to watch their teams lose so often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad