Player Discussion Who do you want to draft after top 6? (Poll #1) - I messed it up a bit sorry!

Who would you like to draft other than the consensus top 6?

• Nate Danielson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dalibor dvorsky

• Brayden yager

• Zach benson

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Oliver moore

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Adel sandin pelikka

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Daniel but

• David reinbacher

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • Samuel honzek

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Ryan leonard

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Depending on if we get Livingstone I'd priortize Reinbacher and then maybe Benson and Moore in that order.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
There is a clear consesus for the top 6 picks, Who would you like to draft from 7 onwards?
Benson is already top 6 in any "consensus" or consolidated rankings i've seen. #5 on Mckenzie's last one- which is in itself a consensus ranking. #5 on the EP jumble of rankings as well.
Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, Smith. That's 5. Who's the 6th on your list?
Based on your list it must be Cristall?? in that case you've got Cristall and Benson mixed up. As far as consensus goes.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Benson is already top 6 in any "consensus" or consolidated rankings i've seen. #5 on Mckenzie's last one- which is in itself a consensus ranking. #5 on the EP jumble of rankings as well.
Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, Smith. That's 5. Who's the 6th on your list?
Based on your list it must be Cristall?? in that case you've got Cristall and Benson mixed up. As far as consensus goes.
People have benson falling, cristall falling even more.
Maybe i should have put reinbacher in the top 6 2bh

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Who are "People"? If anything Cristall i've seen opinions rising, and Benson has basically been there with Smith since mid-season. I'm totally open to picking Reinbacher, i just wouldn't pick over him over Benson.

Edit: You still haven't told us who these consensus top 6 are if #6 isn't Benson or Cristall. Reinbacher? Maybe on HF boards, but nowhere else. I buy him as a huge riser though.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Why top6 were not finishing higher than 8?

Reinbacher imo wont get by Montreal

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Who are "People"?
Cory Pronman, who has Cristall 33rd

Analysis: Cristall is probably the most divisive player in this draft class. There will be fans and some scouts who see this ranking and think he’s much too low, but there will be scouts who will think he’s too high as well. He’s super talented offensively. He has puck-on-a-string type of hands and routinely beats defenders with his stickhandling. He has a highly-imaginative offensive mind and very good vision with the puck. Cristall is so dangerous on the power play because of his skill but also his great shot as he’s scored a ton of goals from range this season. The concerns come down to his frame and especially his skating. He lacks footspeed for the higher levels and has awkward skating mechanics that is concerning for his NHL projection. He works hard enough and doesn’t shy from going to the net, but I wouldn’t call him a high-compete type. He will need to score a lot in the NHL to justify his various risk factors, and I think he will be a middle-six winger, but he may frustrate coaches too.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Who are "People"? If anything Cristall i've seen opinions rising, and Benson has basically been there with Smith since mid-season. I'm totally open to picking Reinbacher, i just wouldn't pick over him over Benson.

Edit: You still haven't told us who these consensus top 6 are if #6 isn't Benson or Cristall. Reinbacher? Maybe on HF boards, but nowhere else. I buy him as a huge riser though.
I made a mistake, ill fix it after work

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm wondering if the Russian kid Matvey Michkov might drop in the draft for the same reasons as Podkolzin did in 2019? He's an automatic if that's what happens, since the Canucks haven enough decent wingers to wait on him.

But if he's gone, it's Reinbacher for me. Adding him, Hronek and maybe Livingstone, changes the outlook on the blueline dramatically.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Yeah. Not the biggest fan of Pronman's projections, but he's not wrong that there are real questions about Cristall's transition to nhl hockey. I could go on, but the question was the op's consensus top 6. Which Benson is in, and Cristall isn't. Benson and Cristall aren't the same player, i hope that's not hard to understand.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

I can't see Benson falling out of the top 5.

If the Canucks have a shot at Michkov, Benson, or Cristall (in that order) they should run to the podium.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I can't see Benson falling out of the top 5.

If the Canucks have a shot at Michkov, Benson, or Cristall (in that order) they should run to the podium.
Cristall skating is a huge red flag, has a lot going for him tho

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Michkov will fall to us, Gavrikov will be signed in the off season. :sarcasm:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Not a fan of Pronman's justification for 33

"Frame, awkward skating style, foot speed" and " i wouldn't call him a high compete type"?

Frame is no different from Michkov and Benson. In fact he's a bit heavier than Benson and Michkov.

Skating, foot speed, Awkward skating style?? His weight shift is as good as they come and can open his hips and cut inside and create separation with incredible edges. Speed needs work but other than about 4 or 5 players that goes across the board...What separates Benson and him in this regard?

Compete?....almost 2 pts a game and one of the funnest players in the draft to watch. Constantly creating offense and is doing it without much help on a bad team +21 when a good chunk of the roster are big minuses. Cant say i agree unless he's projecting that he wont compete as well against better athletes?

He reminds me of Skinner or Zuccarello. Probably wont be the guy you ask to lug pucks from end to end but once in the offensive zone get him the puck and get open.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I think Canucks are going to win too many games and push themselves out for Reinbacher, we’ll probably end up drafting another winger…

Trade the pick to get rid of the OEL deal.

this would be a horrible idea… we already lost a top 10 pick in that trade to move another to get rid of him would be dumb. We need this pick.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Anyone picking Reinbacher over Benson needs to go watch Benson play

Guy is going to be a superstar

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Anyone picking Reinbacher over Benson needs to go watch Benson play

Guy is going to be a superstar
I believe that reinbacher is going to be devon toews or our jacoob slavin. (Top end)

Instead of the next brayden point (top end)

Don’t get me wrong though, it’s not like I would be disappointed, I just really like david

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I think Canucks are going to win too many games and push themselves out for Reinbacher, we’ll probably end up drafting another winger…

this would be a horrible idea… we already lost a top 10 pick in that trade to move another to get rid of him would be dumb. We need this pick.
They have to compete now. They are a win now team. That first rounder doesn’t help anytime soon so it should be purposed in a way it helps immediately. They need his cap to bring in players who can help win now.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
They have to compete now. They are a win now team. That first rounder doesn’t help anytime soon so it should be purposed in a way it helps immediately. They need his cap to bring in players who can help win now.
We need players on ELC or we will never go anywhere, you need balance on the roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad