Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Peca

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Don’t think people realize Gallant always gets canned cause he’s a players coach. Not sure where people get thinking he’s a hardass

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Don’t think people realize Gallant always gets canned cause he’s a players coach. Not sure where people get thinking he’s a hardass
I have a suspicion that Galkant butts heads with management and is the opposite of a “yes man.” If that’s true, I don’t think Adams would be looking too closely at him.

He kind of complained about the deadline moves last year, in a round about way, before he was fired.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
I have a suspicion that Galkant butts heads with management and is the opposite of a “yes man.” If that’s true, I don’t think Adams would be looking too closely at him.

He kind of complained about the deadline moves last year, in a round about way, before he was fired.
Gallant got fired because of the player's recommendations in exit interviews. Most of the players liked him personally, but they thought they needed to be coached with more structure if they were to ever get better as a team.

Basically, this comes across as a horrible fit to follow Granato

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Gallant got fired because of the player's recommendations in exit interviews. Most of the players liked him personally, but they thought they needed to be coached with more structure if they were to ever get better as a team.

Basically, this comes across as a horrible fit to follow Granato
Do you have a source for this?

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
Do you have a source for this?
Larry Brooks has stated this repeatedy....here is from the first article that popped up on a google search
"These are precisely the qualities the players on exit day informed president-general manager Chris Drury that they felt were missing under the previous regime. It is our understanding that the players wanted a coach who would run more challenging practices. They’ll get them"
Rangers/Laviolette

Reactions: Fjordy

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Larry Brooks has stated this repeatedy....here is from the first article that popped up on a google search
"These are precisely the qualities the players on exit day informed president-general manager Chris Drury that they felt were missing under the previous regime. It is our understanding that the players wanted a coach who would run more challenging practices. They’ll get them"
Rangers/Laviolette
Well if he doesn’t challenge the team and does challenge his bosses, I’d basically cross him off the list of potential candidates.

One more reason that this all points to Lindy being the guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad