Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Peca

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I hope I have all the coaches that have been mentioned in the coaching discussion thread. I kept Ugly Rod off the list as he's still employed as a HC, and it seems unlikely he'll leave Carolina + he'd probably run away with the poll.

Also, if youre feeling ambitious- rank your preferences.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This Peca thing is outright hysterical.

Look at that list. 5 incredibly accomplished coaches and a guy with one year on an NHL a bench who used to hit people in a jersey you liked 25 years ago.

I vote Bourdreau. Who couldn’t crack that list over Seth Appert’s former assistant

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Not voting because I don't care -- any of them will probably only last 2-3 years anyway. Just get the roster construction right and any of them will do.

This Peca thing is outright hysterical.
Hard to argue with his vast track record of success at teaching faceoffs. It doesn't get any more qualified than that.

• Haha
Reactions: MeenOlViks

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
To the unlikely comment. How many coaches play out their entire contract before they re up? I don’t think many but I also think he coached out his previous contract before signing the current one.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Right now, I've got a 1A and a 1B -- Boudreau and Gallant.

I think Gallant is better at Xs and Os than BB, but BB is better with people while still getting the most out of his guys.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
After Adams presser, It sounds like the next coach is someone Adams has already talked to and has experience with.

I want RBD but very very little to no chance he's coming here. I feel like its going to be Lindy.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
I still think Boudreau fits the needs of the team the most over the next couple of years. He still has an offensive mindset which meshes well with this roster, but he is certainly able to bring more accountability. He has repeated success in helping teams to the playoffs.

• Berube scares me, as most of his success is tied to one specific run and group of players.
  • Gallant's lack of systems and loose play seems like more of the same that we are trying to escape from Granato.
  • Ruff will bring accountability and a system, but his alienation of players is going to be a rude awakening for this group. It has the potential to go very badly.

Those are the 4 that I would currently consider. If Brind'Amour or Keefe shake loose, they are top of the list.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Right now, I've got a 1A and a 1B -- Boudreau and Gallant.

I think Gallant is better at Xs and Os than BB, but BB is better with people while still getting the most out of his guys.
My only worry with Gallant is he gets released from good teams out of nowhere and doesn't last long either.

No doubt he gets the best out off his players and will be better then any coach we've had in the last 10 years but his last two firings are red flags to me

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Good old @Jame had this idea, and I like it:

Buffalo
HC: Ruff
AC: Vigneault
AC: Appert
AC: Bales
AC: Wilford

Rochester
HC: Peca
AC: Prospal
AC: Paetsch

Would Peca come back to HC Roch is the question of course.

I liked Alain as an assistant.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
My only worry with Gallant is he gets released from good teams out of nowhere and doesn't last long either.

No doubt he gets the best out off his players and will be better then any coach we've had in the last 10 years but his last two firings are red flags to me
I think he gets the most out of a team for two years and then they start to hate him and tune them out. I kind of think that might be what we need right now as a transition to Appert -- a short term guy who will squeeze every drop of juice out of them until they beg for Appert lol.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

The thing with Gallant teams that intrigues me is that the last 2 teams he's coached have either gotten better or remained good after he left.

So it seems to me like he gets the most out of his guys.....teaches them how to win, and those lessons last and the teams have success.

I'm a bit worried about how he'd do with the kids, but we know he'd teach them to play the right way.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
If he can be reinstated by the league, I want Coach Q. I think he's the guy to get the maximum out of what we have on the roster and in the pipeline.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The thing with Gallant teams that intrigues me is that the last 2 teams he's coached have either gotten better or remained good after he left.

So it seems to me like he gets the most out of his guys.....teaches them how to win, and those lessons last and the teams have success.

I'm a bit worried about how he'd do with the kids, but we know he'd teach them to play the right way.
Tuch was a kid under him, and seems to speak highly of him. That's what has me thinking that folks might be sleeping on him as a candidate.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Gallant doesn't have a lot of vets to turn to with Buffalo. It's almost all kids. And a coach who essentially is setting himself and others on fire for a couple years? I'm good with that as long as his assistants for special teams are quality. That isn't usually his best area, delegates that to others IIRC.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Gallant with Ruff as AC :sarcasm:

I'll have to see if they ever fought when they faced off against one another. Gallant getting pounded in the game where Maguire had finally had enough of Probert running the goalies is one of my favorite Sabres-as-underdogs moments ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad