Who do you want as majority owner of the Coyotes?

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Note: You can't use anyone from past or present Coyotes Ownership groups.

Let's say you have the power to pick the next majority owner of the Coyotes(preferably someone with deep pockets). Who would you select and why?

Would you have this new owner get a publicly or privately funded arena?

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Donald Trump :sarcasm:

Among current NHL owners, how can you not go Mike Illitch? Hire a great GM (Hello, Mr. Maloney), write the cheques, and get out of the way.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
The all powerful combo of Apple and IBM. Could control the world, endless money, and can shutdown/modify any/all transactions that don't benefit the Coyotes.

"Yes, you did just trade all your assets for a Dave Moss jersey. I have the documents right here that were digitally signed by you." :naughty:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Me! Anybody know how I go about crowd funding?

A Billion dollars should be the asking price.

Yep. Love him or hate him, Cuban knows business and he knows marketing.

Would the NHL even let him in the league?

Good ole yokeltown boy Jerry Moyes

Uhh.. Reread the 1st sentence of the thread.

Note: You can't use anyone from past or present Coyotes Ownership groups.

Anyone who keeps the team in AZ. Beggars can't be choosers...

This isn't a valid answer to the 1st question.

Let's say you have the power to pick the next majority owner of the Coyotes(preferably someone with deep pockets). Who would you select and why?

KG

Sep 23, 2010
XX with RT has right hand man, I prefer pi as stats guru, feckless as wise man, bonsai tree to prevent group think, Jakey as greeter

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
iu

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
And almost every Coyotes fan would want nothing to do with the Bidwells until the last few seasons of the Cardinals.

We should be scared as hell of Bill Bidwill. It's Mikey Bidwill that we should want. He's the one who's tightened the ship over there. Ever since he took over for the old man is when the team started actually progressing

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Being from Atlanta, I'd throw in Arthur Blank even though that would never happen. Very loyal owner, who puts a ton of his own money into the his current team (He owns the Atlanta Falcons), and loves stability (almost to a fault).

However, what about someone like Mark Shoen, who seems to be one of the richest AZ residents. Someone with ties to the state would would be the perfect dream for the franchise.

Last edited:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Assuming we mortgage the future for short term bandaids to become a 7-10th place "playoff pretender", for the next few years, I think we'll have no choice but to let Tippett hand pick the new majority owner, or sign him to a front loaded extension which would enable him to purchase a majority stake. Because the problem is obviously not him and something will have to change.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
And this guy didn't want an exit clause with Glendale either.

Sure.... but as we discovered bankruptcy courts can do the same thing. Plus he wanted Glendale to pony up even more money than what IA got. With no guarantees to make things whole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad