Who do you value more: Ehlers or Pesce?

Who has more value?

• Total voters

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Probably equal. If they were traded for one another it would be a one for one trade.. iguess it would be what your team needs more. Im sure Nashville would rather have Ehlers, Toronto rather Pesce.

Reactions: jetsforever

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
As a general rule I think top 4 young defensemen hold higher value than scoring wingers unless the winger is one of the truly elite ones. Ehlers is pretty close so this one is really a coin flip I think depending on needs.

I voted for Joe Pesci here as I really liked his work in My Cousin Vinnie.

jvcjdudu jcycyxjene

Nov 11, 2014
Denver
As a general rule I think top 4 young defensemen hold higher value than scoring wingers unless the winger is one of the truly elite ones. Ehlers is pretty close so this one is really a coin flip I think depending on needs.

I voted for Joe Pesci here as I really liked his work in My Cousin Vinnie.
Also you cant forget about Goodfellas.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Also you cant forget about Goodfellas.

giphy.gif

Reactions: RareDangles

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Give me Ehlers.
He’s signed to a good contract unlike Nylander so I can see why people would take Ehlers here but may still prefer Pesce to Nylander who appears to be making unreasonable contract demands based on stats not much different than Ehlers. And Nylander gets to play mostly with Matthews.

Reactions: Snowman

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
OP has no agenda here

The agenda is to compare the players without having the emotional aspect of a certain fanbase involved. Mostly interested in how people value a high skill point producer vs a more subtle but equally talented player, each with different strengths and weaknesses.

That "defensive defenceman" tag applied to any dman who limits goals but does not produce high amounts of traditional offensive stats like goals and assists is one of the hardest players to place a value on imo. I've seen some huge fluctuations on opinions on here.

Not like I am trying to hide anything :) I am not some evil conspirator waiting to jump out and yell "HA! Got you now!"

Reactions: Kelly

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I wouldn't trade Ehlers for Pesce, but I can think of several teams that would probably take Pesce. Both are on good contracts as well. Could be either one.

Mar 26, 2010
Pesce has more value and I take him in Toronto over Ehlers all day long.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Imagine in a vaccuum, remove team needs.

Cap implications too.

When you consider Nylander is gonna have to be paid ~8M+ Long term, Pesce makes half of that for the next half-decade. That's ridiculous value for a top pairing defenseman. And Toronto will obviously be in a cap crunch with signing 34 and 16 too.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Cap implications too.

When you consider Nylander is gonna have to be paid ~8M+ Long term, Pesce makes half of that for the next half-decade. That's ridiculous value for a top pairing defenseman. And Toronto will obviously be in a cap crunch with signing 34 and 16 too.
Taking this into consideration Ehler's value > Pesce > Nylander.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Cap implications too.

I’m honestly more just interested in the players themselves, no cap consideration although that would play a huge part in any trade obviously.

Taking this into consideration Ehler's value > Pesce > Nylander.

See above

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad