Who do you think will win the North division (in the playoffs)?

Who do you think wins out the North division in the playoffs to make it to the final 4?

• Total voters

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Fun fact: 3/4 of the last teams that beat Toronto in a series (2017 Caps, 2018 Bruins, 2020 Blue Jackets) went on to lose in the next round. They weren’t some unbeatable team, they just beat up on a soft Leaf team that chokes every year.

For the poll, I went Winnipeg. If the standings stay how they are now, I see Montreal knocking off Toronto and Winnipeg knocking off Edmonton. And then obviously Winnipeg knocking off Montreal.

Of course you see Montreal beating Toronto are anti Leaf

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
I think EDM, MTL and WPG usually play a harder game cause they have less skill and the leafs can be caught floating sometimes. But when the Leafs are playing hard and hustling around the ice they are real tough to beat and without a doubt the best team in the division,

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Leafs are due for some playoff success. Class of the division and I'd also imagine they are the hungriest team. Also they have the most to prove/lose.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You pretty much need to be Anti Leaf not to pick Toronto here, I mean you can make about 50% of an argument for Winnipeg because of Hellebuyck but that's pretty much it and like I said even then it's only about 50% of an argument.

The Leafs have shown to be better than all the other playoff teams and in Edmonton's case it's not even close.

The only thing that could stop Toronto from reaching the final 4 at this point is injury or covid but if the avoid that I can't see who beats them in the North.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Which would likely be due to injury or covid, I can't see who beats them in the North if they are healthy

I can see any of the three teams beating the Leafs.

I don't think it's as likely, but I can easily see a scenario in which it could happen.

Maybe I'm just arguing semantics.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
You pretty much need to be Anti Leaf not to pick Toronto here, I mean you can make about 50% of an argument for Winnipeg because of Hellebuyck but that's pretty much it and like I said even then it's only about 50% of an argument.

The Leafs have shown to be better than all the other playoff teams and in Edmonton's case it's not even close.

The only thing that could stop Toronto from reaching the final 4 at this point is injury or covid but if the avoid that I can't see who beats them in the North.

If the poll question was "Who is the favorite to win the North" I would agree with your post.

But it's not. The question is who will win. That's different. If Columbus can sweep Tampa Bay 4-0 2 years ago - you can bet your ass any of Winnipeg, Montreal or Edmonton can easily beat Toronto this season.

It's fine if you want to predict Leafs will win - but you shouldn't act like it's completely implausible that they don't. They don't exactly have a track record of success in playoffs

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Toronto should take it. If they don't they really need to have a hard look in the mirror. Winnipeg is probably 2nd, and Edmonton's chances rely solely on what 2 of their 20 players.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Oilers, Habs or Jets. They have shown in the past they can make it passed the 1st round

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I like the Habs against Toronto because the playoffs for some reason have a different rule book that the Habs Dcore/Anderson/Perry/KK will abuse.

You have to remember in the playoffs murder is legal and the Habs have a couple guys who will thrive when clutch and grab is more allowed.

I present Ben Chiarot, looked awesome last year in the bubble now in the regular season has been having more trouble defending. I'm willing to bet the reason is he can't just "murder" players metaphorically speaking.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Oilers, Habs or Jets. They have shown in the past they can make it passed the 1st round
I realize this is a troll post and I got nothing against it but the Habs last made it out of the first round six years ago. That has nothing to do with the team as of today.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I realize this is a troll post and I got nothing against it but the Habs last made it out of the first round six years ago. That has nothing to do with the team as of today.

You ain't wrong, I believe the only people left from that roster are Price, Petry, and Gallagher.

That being said we have acquired players who have made it out of the first round recently so I think they can definitely do it.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Voted for the Leafs since they've been the team to beat this season. Biggest set back for them is in net, Campbell may be able to give them a steady presence back there so they don't have to worry about Andersen becoming Pavelec 2.0.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'll pick Winnipeg.

Toronto i really don't think has the build for the post season. When the game gets heavier, i feel the Leafs will be in trouble.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

"LEAFFANFORLIFE23"

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
It should be toronto but they have fooled me many times so I'll say the jets due to goaltending.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015

I remember most on the leafs board were very confident we would beat Columbus and yet still lost.

Until the leafs show that they can win when it matters most, people will doubt them, rightfully so.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Oilers and Habs will Duke it out for the division crown. 97 and 29 seem to be on a mission. If Holland finds one more decent winger to hang with 97 and bump RNH down to Drai , they will be a tough out.

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
What people choose and what they think is irrelevant. Everyone deep down thinks its the Leafs. What is happening now is people are trying to convince themselves as to why the Leafs will lose, rather than accept the reasons why they will.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Toronto.

No one else has a chance whatsoever. Guaranteed North playoff champions, no one else is even worthy of stepping on the same ice as them. Should just get an auto advance straight to the final four :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad