Who do you think will be the Career Oiler?

Marc08

Mar 17, 2006
Of the 1st round players since 2008 Draft, who do you think is "MOST LIKELY" to play his entire career as an Oiler? imo I think Eberle and/or Hall.

Note
I believe Ross Perkins is the best player who ever played his entire WHA or NHL career as an Oiler.

OVOXO*

It's either going to be Hall and Eberle together (like Kane + Toews, Getzlaf + Perry) or neither.

700th post!
giphy.gif

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB
I picked Eberle because I think he'll always be right between star and elite player.

I can't see them letting him walk for free, and his trade value will be just under the "offer we couldn't refuse" level. I could see Hall and most of the others potentially pricing themselves out of the market in 5-6-7 years.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
It's too soon to say anything about any of these guys. I'll say this much, if we're not contending for a top 4 spot in the West in 3 years, people are going to star asking to be traded.

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
Lol! I think we should change the poll to "who do you wish would be a career Oiler"

Can someone please give me a list of "career team players"

Oct 15, 2008
Lol! I think we should change the poll to "who do you wish would be a career Oiler"

Can someone please give me a list of "career team players"

I cant really think of any. Unfortunately.

Of the players on the list I would hope for Hall to be. I think he bolts when he gets the chance. Unfortunately.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Neither. Unfortunately.

However if Oilers get McDavid. I see him being a career Oiler. (Through lotto win of course.)

edit: Just saw the poll. I would think it's Draisaitl and Nurse. Just because they haven't been ran out of the city and experienced the years of suckage.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I don't see the Oilers ever letting RNH walk.

Eberle and Yakupov are expendable and I imagine Hall will get tired of the BS eventually.

I pick Nuge.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'd like to say Hall but he really wants to win so I could see him being the first to ask for a trade

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Hall isn't the type of guy to cut and run on a team. He wants to be the driving force behind getting this team out of the basement, and into a respectable team that wins a Cup or two. That being said, It's gotta be hard to yearn to win as much as he does, and be saddled in the **** show that is the Oilers. If we don't get our **** together, he may have no choice but leave or go mad.

Last edited:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If Hall matures, I could see him becoming the Yzerman of the Oilers. The Ryan Smyth retirement did make an impression on him from what I remembered.

Eirhead*

Draisaitl

I haven't seen him play yet, I have no idea how good he'll be. But assuming he develops into our #1C... something about having a methodical German leading our team feels like a recipe for success.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
None. Sorry, career players just don't happen anymore.

I think they'll happen more often now than before. Guys like Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Kane, Stamkos, Tavares, they're all good bets to play out with one team. Especially now that you can get a longer contract if you stay with the same team.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I don't see the Oilers ever letting RNH walk.

Eberle and Yakupov are expendable and I imagine Hall will get tired of the BS eventually.

I pick Nuge.

Same here. If anyone it will probably be him. Hall could be it too but I think that would require the team to start being respectable sooner rather than later.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Why? Why the KHL? Why wouldn't he request a trade to another team if he wanted to leave the Oil? He's shown nothing but the desire to play in the NHL.

Because he's Russian and that's what people think Russian players do.

Eirhead*

Agreed, after Halls contract expires and we still haven't made the playoffs, he's outta here.

OMG... I wouldn't blame him.

If we don't make playoffs by the 1st year of the new arena, I feel like I should consider walking to a new team as a fan.

coffeyland

Jul 19, 2014
Trumpeter, EDM
I'll reserve judgement ... should we miss the playoffs this year and/or next, heads could roll and you never know ... if they could trade Gretzky ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad