Who do you think we will draft?

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Rumours that vegas are going to take garrison from us, will most likely be the cost of our 1st rounder with some other similar deals taking place with vegas and other teams.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Rumours that vegas are going to take garrison from us, will most likely be the cost of our 1st rounder with some other similar deals taking place with vegas and other teams.

Getting rid of Garrison is not going to cost us a first. I doubt he's even a "negative value" player. Jesus christ, he is on a cash friendly contract for one more season, and you think we'd give up a first to get rid of it? We'd be better off buying it out if that were the case.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
I can't see it only costing a second round pick, considering we want to keep are young D who are exposed.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I can't see it only costing a second round pick, considering we want to keep are young D who are exposed.

This doesn't make any logical sense. Koekkoek or Dotchin also in no way return a first round pick in trade. Koekkoek would be hard pressed to return a second, and Dotchin probably would return a second.

Using a first to protect those two and ship off Garrison would be awful asset management. I will eat my hat if that's the deal that's made.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
If we are indeed shipping off something in order for them to take Garrison I see it being Killorn. They probably talked and Killorn is the one they want but we told them if they want him they have to take Garrison who they can easily flip at the deadline if they're not contending or can let walk at the end of the season.

They'd probably send back a 3rd or 4th in that scenario.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If we are indeed shipping off something in order for them to take Garrison I see it being Killorn. They probably talked and Killorn is the one they want but we told them if they want him they have to take Garrison who they can easily flip at the deadline if they're not contending or can let walk at the end of the season.

They'd probably send back a 3rd or 4th in that scenario.

I think it's wishful thinking that we can unload two big contracts on them. They're also rumored to be taking on contracts elsewhere.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
A 40 point player who didn't put up 40 points and was an anchor for 2/3rds of the season.

Six more years! Six More Years!

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
A 40 point player who didn't put up 40 points and was an anchor for 2/3rds of the season.

Six more years! Six More Years!

he has 10 teams we can move to at anytime 3 years then 15 after that. 4.45 for 40 points in two years will be a great contract mark it

he can move up down lines he plays d not great but puts heart out there

not everyone can be 80 point guys just like not everyone is 0.5 guys is rare to have a guy like killer though and hes fine

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
he has 10 teams we can move to at anytime 3 years then 15 after that. 4.45 for 40 points in two years will be a great contract mark it

he can move up down lines he plays d not great but puts heart out there

not everyone can be 80 point guys just like not everyone is 0.5 guys is rare to have a guy like killer though and hes fine

I don't think I'd have an issue if we gave him either money or term. But we gave him both.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
killorn is fine jeez his deal aint hurting us hes a 40 point player who can still pot that much on third line which no one else can blah unreal

There's also the not that thinly veiled shot Kucherov took at Killorn in the offseason when he alluded to him being one of the people that doesn't give his all for the team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There's also the not that thinly veiled shot Kucherov took at Killorn in the offseason when he alluded to him being one of the people that doesn't give his all for the team.

That interview might have been my favorite moment of the season.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Kostin is a Lightning fan and then suddenly everybody wants him LOL.

I thought he'd look good in a Lightning sweater for a long time, was actually leaning a little bit away from him if he moves away from center. Tons of physical tools and skill

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
I have no idea who I want to take, but based off of everything I have seen, it seems likely that Foote will be the pick. He has been the guy mocked to us in like 90% of mock drafts I have seen, haha.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I think the likelihood of us taking a D have dropped dramatically with adding Sergachev to the prospect pool. That leaves best F available. Depending on who there's a run on, I think Kostin very well may be that guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad