Who Do You Think Should Be the Next HC of the Rangers?

oilers4life

Jun 1, 2016
I don't think he is looking to come back to the NHL right now, but...

Ralph Krueger is someone I'd be interested in seeing back in the NHL.
as an oilers fan he desevers another shot in the nhl after what mac t did firing him over skype i hope to seen him back as a head coach

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
It took me a few minutes to realize what HC meant. I'm not the sharpest apple in the toolshed to say the least.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Would love for the hockey community to weigh in.

Who do you think is the right guy for the job?

Potential names being thrown around:

DJ Smith
Dan Bylsma (don't know why...)
David Quinn
Dave Tippett
Darryl Sutter
Lindy Ruff (sigh)
Sheldon Keefe
I'd go with Sutter, but I keep hearing Keefe's name come up.

So for exp. Sutter, for a newbie Keefe.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Jean-Guy Talbot
Only if he rocks that track suit again.....
jeanguytalbot.jpg

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Gorton has said he wants a new face/not an NHL re-tread and Friedman/McKenzie have said that it's probably going to be someone who has never coached in the NHL before (but will have some head coaching experience) and someone who will be a good development guy.

I would think DJ Smith or Sheldon Keefe are top choices. Quinn has apparently told his friends he's going to BU, but hasn't told the Rangers yet. Sandelin has been mentioned. Montgomery supposedly really impressed the Rangers, but the Stars got to them first, which is fine.

In the end, I don't really care who they select, as long as they've been moderately successful (at least) in their careers so far and isn't an NHL re-tread.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Gorton has said he wants a new face/not an NHL re-tread and Friedman/McKenzie have said that it's probably going to be someone who has never coached in the NHL before (but will have some head coaching experience) and someone who will be a good development guy.

I would think DJ Smith or Sheldon Keefe are top choices. Quinn has apparently told his friends he's going to BU, but hasn't told the Rangers yet. Sandelin has been mentioned. Montgomery supposedly really impressed the Rangers, but the Stars got to them first, which is fine.

In the end, I don't really care who they select, as long as they've been moderately successful (at least) in their careers so far and isn't an NHL re-tread.
Let's see how many times this post gets ignored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad