Prospect Info: Who do you think is the Detroit Red Wings #9 Overall Prospect?

Who do you think is the Detroit Red Wings #9 Overall Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
1.) Moritz Seider - RD - 20: 6'4" 207 lbs - RH Shot - Zell, GER - 96.2%
2.) Lucas Raymond - LW/RW - 19: 5'10"183 lbs - RH Shot - Goteborg, SWE - 85.1%
3.) Simon Edvinsson - LD - 18: 6'5" 207 lbs - LH Shot - Onsala, SWE - 70.1%
4.) Sebastian Cossa - G - 18: 6'6'' 212 lbs - LC catching glove - Fort McMurray, AL, CAN - 47.8%
5.) Jonatan Berggren - LW/RW- 21: 5'11'' 183 lbs - LH Shot - Uppsala, SWE - 75.5%
6.) Joe Veleno - C - 21: 6'1'' 194 lbs - LH Shot - Kirkland, QC, CAN - 69.1%
7.) Albert Johansson - D - 20: 6' 168 lbs - LH shot - Karistad, SWE - 85.5%
8.) Theodor Niederbach - C - 19: 5'11'' 172 lbs - RH shot - Örnsköldsvik, SWE - 36%

Niederbach is our 8th rated prospect pulling in 36% of the vote. Carter Mazur is the add.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Here comes the Buium... ready or not.

I listened to a podcast of Tracking the Draft where Craig Button compared Buium and his playstyle/frame to Roman Josi. Also said the way Detroit targeted and traded up for him in early round 2 was reminiscent of Nashville doing the same for Josi.

Add Alex Cotton

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I have a bias for defenseman that can skate, but Wallinder's year was so mediocre and Tuomisto has produced really well, so ultimately I settled on Tuo. At this point it's really hard. I, personally, just don't know enough about Buium to be too excited about him. Soderblom is probably the most likely NHL player remaining but I don't see a ton of offensive upside there. Wallinder has all the tools I want and none of the results. Tuomisto's skating really scares me... but the guy just knows how to make it work in he offensive zone. Viro and Mastro both have qualities I like, but neither seems to have huge upside, nor are they particularly safe bets. McIsaac is just too injury riddled and Sebrango too boring for me to put them this high. I'd say at this point in the voting, the order of these prospects could very easily be shuffled at random and I couldn't take exception.

Reactions: r0bert8841

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Decided to go against my own rankings from a month ago and go with Soderblom. I'm probably biased because I've seen more of him than the defenseman in this range. I think he's got a good shot at making the NHL and a small chance of becoming a real force in the NHL with his skillset.

The defenseman are close here, but it's hard because there's less available on youtube. For example, I don't come away impressed with Buium's goals highlight video, but I am impressed with his compilation from the summer showcase. Not totally sure what to think yet.

Reactions: Go Wings

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Toss up between Buium, McIsaac and Tuomisto for me. Going with McIssac. Obviously injury issues have held him back but he looked solid last year despite that. I think he has reasonably high floor.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Decided to go against my own rankings from a month ago and go with Soderblom. I'm probably biased because I've seen more of him than the defenseman in this range. I think he's got a good shot at making the NHL and a small chance of becoming a real force in the NHL with his skillset.

The defenseman are close here, but it's hard because there's less available on youtube. For example, I don't come away impressed with Buium's goals highlight video, but I am impressed with his compilation from the summer showcase. Not totally sure what to think yet.

I agree I am with you on Soderblom. I think his potential is pretty high and he has a decent shot at making the NHL.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
We know it's you Kris. Stop letting nepotism make all of your decisions:sarcasm:
I think Kris has a better chance of suiting up for an NHL game than his son.

Anyways, I'm voting for Sebrango until he gets selected. Everyone's voting based on ceiling, I'm going with the floor.

Bit surprised McIsaac gets so much love, he's made out of glass. He was barely even touched in his most recent injury, I doubt he ever makes it through a full season anywhere outside of non-checking beer leagues.

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
I went with Serbrango. While the upside may not be there, he more than held his own in the AHL. I know the league was a bit watered down last year but I think he will be a solid 4-6 dman. Very safe with an edge. While there are others with more upside I feel he will for sure log time in the NHL

Reactions: bedtime20

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
It's Boomer for me. As I said last round and Frk it alluded to above, there is a reason this kid was targeted by Yzerman.

My gut tells me he will make the WJC team and vault up the rankings on this board.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3