Who do you think is TB's biggest division rival (other than Florida)?

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
When Bolts play Boston I want to jump through the TV and re - arrange the faces off those cocky bastads. So yeah I want to beat that dirty Boston team more than any other. Marchand is the worst...instigates then runs behind Lucic and that ugly tall worm looking fella. Problem is if we go to war against that team with Stammer, Johnson, Drouin, Kucherov, Filp, etc...we'll get eaten alive and it will get ugly fast.

:handclap:..... wait I mean :p: .....I'm so confused!!

:laugh:

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Everyone else is overlooking Florida way more than I do. There is an in-state rivalry, and that is a team that I never want to lose to. I don't even know who is in our division any more to say who my picks are for division rivals. But, I look at Ottawa and Washington as rivals.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I've got to say it's Boston.

I'm pretty sure DangleDoppler wrote them into his wedding vows.

On the off-chance I ever get married, there's a decent chance that I'll be doing the same kind of thing, but my Boston hate was furnished several years before I had any reason to dislike the Bruins.

Whether there is a subsequent funeral service the following day remains to be known. Maybe the female contingent here and clue me in as to what my fate will be. ;)

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
Lets go back 10 years or how ever many you want. But just picking one team per year who were our rivals these last amount of years?

Washington and Florida are big in my mind.

I'm not sure who else you could count in there because it maybe just one sided in our minds. when we say Boston do Boston fans actually think about us at all as a rival or is it just us thinking that.

I really don't know too much on this so I don't have much to say here.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
A few years back, I would have said Washington (top rival and in our division) and Philadelphia (starting with the infamous 1-3-1 game).

Now, I'll go with Boston and Montreal, the heavyweights of our new division. Although I'd like to be a bit more competitive when we play Boston...

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
Philadelphia - from our first playoff series through the redemptive conference final in 04 I think the Flyers were our biggest out of state rival, even if they never saw it that way. Regular season games against them always felt that little bit more important, more chippy, easier to escalate into chaos...more rough. Lots of oddly intermingled trade and player movement history between us and them, from gratton's offer-sheet-turned-trade all the way up to Vinny's CBO-signing. I love when we beat the Flyers. I can't wait until we see them in the playoffs again.

Washington - I think Washington took the mantle of our biggest rival in state or out over the last 10 years. Even this past season, not in their division, I cared much more about beating Wasington than Detroit or Columbus. I do expect this rivalry to wane some if the new playoff format sticks, forcing division opponents to play in the early rounds.

Montreal and Boston might soon become bigger rivals, but, other than a few years of overly inane Lecavalier fanstasies and the bitter 2011 conference final there isn't enough bad blood or competitive animosity between us and them...yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad