Who do you think is most untouchable prospect when it comes to trade?

mytduxfan*

Given our incredibly weak group of forward prospects, I would say Ritchie. However, I'm against trading any of our top-tier prospects i.e. Ritchie, Theodore or Gibson. Everyone else is fair game, but I wouldn't move any of the new kids until we know what we're dealing with. Nattinen looks like a great pick and Larsson has top 4 potential.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Given our incredibly weak group of forward prospects, I would say Ritchie. However, I'm against trading any of our top-tier prospects i.e. Ritchie, Theodore or Gibson. Everyone else is fair game, but I wouldn't move any of the new kids until we know what we're dealing with. Nattinen looks like a great pick and Larsson has top 4 potential.

Ya I was thinking Nick Ritchie for the same thing he is our only top line potential forward and our forward prospect pool not nearly as great/deep as defenseman pool so shouldn't be traded. Also he would be a perfect fit with Getzlaf and Perry. Ya we should not trade any of our top prospects.

mytduxfan*

Ya I was thinking Nick Ritchie for the same thing he is our only top line potential forward and our forward prospect pool not nearly as great/deep as defenseman pool so shouldn't be traded. Also he would be a perfect fit with Getzlaf and Perry. Ya we should not trade any of our top prospects.

Many fans eager to win another cup would disagree, but I'm on board with BMs approach. Make the right deals, take a few low risk/high reward gambles, don't get caught up spending loads of money of UFAs and lock your kids down early and for the long-term. Basically, remain competitive. If we win the cup, fantastic! That's the ultimate aim. If we don't, we re-stock and try again next year.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
From that list? Ritchie. But DVM is right. For now it's Gibson.

I'd rank it

Gibson
Ritchie
Theodore
Larsson
Montour
Kerdiles
Pettersson
Sorensen
Nattinen

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
From that list? Ritchie. But DVM is right. For now it's Gibson.

I'd rank it

Gibson
Ritchie
Theodore
Larsson
Montour
Kerdiles
Pettersson
Sorensen
Nattinen

I did put a other option so you could of used that for the Gibson vote instead of voting Ritchie. I wasn't really thinking about Gibson a lot as a prospect because he was our backup last season maybe I should of still considered him one :dunno:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
If they both reach their ceiling I believe Ritchie will be the best. But regardless of positional needs I'm speculating that Theo will end up the better of the two.

Nothing against him, but me in the camp that isn't ready to declare Gibson the next Patrick Roy.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I did put a other option so you could of used that for the Gibson vote instead of voting Ritchie. I wasn't really thinking about Gibson a lot as a prospect because he was our backup last season maybe I should of still considered him one :dunno:

Don't sweat it. Until he becomes a regular he's still considered a prospect.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Completely disregarded Gibson when answered Ritchie, but I think it could be close. Ritchie pretty much represents all of our top end forward potential all by himself. While Theo certainly looks promising and exciting, we are pretty well stocked on D, so to me he's not untouchable.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Overall it should be Gibson, but outside of Ritchie we don't have anybody else playing forward with such a high ceiling. That's why I said Ritchie.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
This is sort of a trick question. I don't get voting for Ritchie and Theodore. I'd say Pettersson and Manson by virtue of the fact they won't command very good value, but they have good potential to become solid NHL players. Ritchie and Theodore would command a high return.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Didn't think about Gibson. He would be my vote. Voted Theodore though. He could have top pairing upside. Imagine the D if he comes close to that.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Theodore is our best prospect. but the answer is Ritchie because our forward group sucks compared to d. if we moved Theodore I think I would be more upset than if we moved Ritchie though... Haha weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad