Who do you predict will lead LAK in goals next season?

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
1. Carter (35)
2. Gaborik (34)
3. Kopitar (29)
4. Toffoli (25)
5. Williams (22)

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
When you consider the Kings recent history, some of these predictions are incredibly optimistic.

The Kings haven't even had a 30 goal scorer since the 09/10 season (Kopitar, 34g). The last time L.A. had a 40 goal scorer was all the way back in 93/94 (Robitaille, 44g)

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
When you consider the Kings recent history, some of these predictions are incredibly optimistic.

The Kings haven't even had a 30 goal scorer since the 09/10 season (Kopitar, 34g). The last time L.A. had a 40 goal scorer was all the way back in 93/94 (Robitaille, 44g)

Carter was on pace for 30 the last two seasons.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I would be shocked if anyone on the team breaks 30G next season.

You can count the 40G scorers in the entire league over the past four seasons on one hand.

I will say

Gabo at 31.

TheSlovenian

Aug 23, 2011
Ljubljana
Realistic:
Carter - 30
Gaborik - 30
Kopitar - 30

Optimistic:
Kopitar -40
Carter - 40
Gaborik - 40

Kopitar with Selke, Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup. Boom yeah!

Last edited:

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
And I'd bet a nice chunk of change that the Kings are a bottom-third offensive team next year.

I'll take that bet. And i'll go one further. I'll tell you why I believe they will be a top-third offensive team next year:

1. Gaborik - Having this guy on the team changes the whole dynamic in a huge way. Kopitar and Gabby have amazing chemistry together. Brown (who had an off year) is going to reap the benefits of being on that line just by cleaning up the garbage.

2. Carter - He has shown chemistry with Toffoli and Pearson and that line will be muy effective next year, just as it was in the playoffs.

3. Richards - He is going to bounce back from a bad season. I think he understands his situation now and will want to up his game.

4. Defense - Voynov is going to want to bounce back from a bad season as well and adding McNabb in the mix, who is pretty good offensively, should increase our numbers in the backend.

Look at this team in playoffs this year compared to 2012. Weren't we the highest scoring team this year? I don't see how that won't translate into next year, assuming we stay fairly healthy.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Shoudl do Poll.
1. Carter
2. Kopitar
3. Gaborik
4. Brown
5. Toffoli
6 Williams

No way Kopitar is ahead of Gaborik in goals. Assists, yes. Goals, no.

I have:

1. Gaborik
2. Carter
3. Toffoli
4. Kopitar
5. Brown
6. Williams

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
For sure two 30-goal scorers on one team even is hard to reach in this era; I'm just being a hopeless romantic about our offense this year :P

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
No way Kopitar is ahead of Gaborik in goals. Assists, yes. Goals, no.

I have:

1. Gaborik
2. Carter
3. Toffoli
4. Kopitar
5. Brown
6. Williams

ah but have you factored in the 20 games Gaborik will miss with injury?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Jeff Carter with 34 goals.

I do expect Pearson and Toffoli to combine for 35-40 goals, so that should give the Kings offense a little boost.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
ah but have you factored in the 20 games Gaborik will miss with injury?

It's not a foregone conclusion. Williams was oft injured before he came here. So was Carter. Even if Gaborik misses some games he's still gonna pot more goals than Kopi. I love Kopi - don't get me wrong, but the most goals he's had in a season is 34. Gabby has had 3 seasons of 40+. That's more than Carter. You could also argue that Kopitar is the best center he's ever played with in his career. Not out of the question that Gabby could hit 50 next year if he stays healthy.

Toffoli and Kopitar is a toss up to me. If Toffoli gets a good amount of minutes I expect him to have more goals than Kopi.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
GOALS
Carter (30)
Kopitar (28)
Gaborik (25)
Toffoli (18)
Williams (17)

Gaborik (61)
Carter (57)
Richards (45)
Williams (40)

I'm going to be bold and stupid and guess their points too. lol That's assuming no one above misses more than a handful of games. Hopefully.

I kind of have high hopes for the kids but don't see Pearson in the top 5 in goals or points this year. Realistically, Richards will probably not do much better than he did last year because I think his problems add up to more than conditioning, but I really hope I'm wrong and going to try and be optimistic about him this year. I think the Kings are going to be a little more prolific in scoring this season with Gaborik and Toffoli having strong years.

Last edited:

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
GOALS
Carter (30)
Kopitar (28)
Gaborik (25)
Toffoli (18)
Williams (17)

Gaborik (61)
Carter (57)
Richards (45)
Williams (40)

I'm going to be bold and stupid and guess their points too. lol That's assuming no one above misses more than a handful of games. Hopefully.

I kind of have high hopes for the kids but don't see Pearson in the top 5 in goals or points this year. Realistically, Richards will probably not do much better than he did last year because I think his problems add up to more than conditioning, but I really hope I'm wrong and going to try and be optimistic about him this year. I think the Kings are going to be a little more prolific in scoring this season with Gaborik and Toffoli having strong years.

That's probably a really good guess, the names may be somewhat interchangeable, Brown and/or Richards could also fill those last 2 spots as well (I expect at least one, if not both to pot 15), but the totals are probably close, 118 from the top 5 sounds about right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad