Who do you follow to keep yourself sane?

KlaireMcVoyant

Nov 20, 2014
YEG
I haven't been following anyone in recent years. I just grow more and more bitter and resentful to each and every team that makes the post season!

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
No one in particular. I love hockey and the oilers are my champion, but watching the oilers imitate hockey hurts. Still will watch them but if you enjoy hockey do yourself a favour and catch some other teams play.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
I've started watching the Flames. Being in Calgary, it's been hard enough to support the dumpster fire that are the Oilers.

At least when I go see the Flames, I see some semblance of effort.

Also, baseball is going to be back soon.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Redwings have always been my second favourite team.

Datsyuk has long been my favourite player in the league. Even being on the smaller side and being 37 years old I'm still amazed when I watch him. He is the definition of a complete player and a treat to watch.

For an example, I was watching the DET/OTT game the other night and there was a sequence where Turris who is 10 years younger the Dats, got the puck in the neutral zone and was on a partial breakaway, Datsyuk tracked him down, prevented the shot then stripped him in the corner and got the puck to the Dman who started the transition, Datsyuk hustled all the way back down the ice got the puck back made a nice little move and almost scored.

Ogopogo*

Gold Coast Suns, LA Clippers, Seattle Mariners. I don't watch non-Oilers hockey, the sport isn't compelling enough.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I have cheered for the Penguins since 2007. It's fitting really, with all their injuries and finding new creative ways to fail post 2009 despite having Crosby and Malkin, they're like the good version of the Oilers.

Yes I have thought about the fact that my cheering seems to be the kiss of death :(

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Arsenal and Notre Dame Football have been the light during this dark 10 year period for me as an Oiler fan.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
I love watching the Flyers. They're fighting for a playoff spot and GhostBear is awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad