• Michkov

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
So let's have some fun bawdy in the discussion that's been going on in the draft thread. Assume we're drafting 2 and Bedard was taken 1OA.

Who do you draft?

(Probably need to do this again once the draft order is sorted)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I haven't dove into the scouting so much yet. I will save that more for after the lottery is done.

But as of now, I have seen way more of Fantili so he's who I'd lean. But that isn't an educated opinion. Just what I have seen most of right now.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
can't go wrong with any of the three, but fantilli is going to be the best pro and have the biggest immediate impact imo

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Haven't done any scouting but I get Barkov vibes from Carlsson. Big strong center who is only to get better year after year. Not voting yet until I actually start to deep dive into these guys

Reactions: tunnelvision

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I doubt im as far leaning to Carlsson as Major is but I think Id slightly lean that way

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
BPA it’s clearly Michkov

Team needs and availability it is Fantilli

If we are basing it on current time what makes you say Michkov is better than Carlsson for example?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If we are basing it on current time what makes you say Michkov is better than Carlsson for example?
Because I don’t see anything suggesting otherwise, Michkov was neck to neck with Bedard until Russia got banned. There’s no way to truly interpret where he is now compared to his peers as he hasn’t played any junior hockey this year and is currently subjected to play on the worst KHL team in history

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Because I don’t see anything suggesting otherwise, Michkov was neck to neck with Bedard until Russia got banned. There’s no way to truly interpret where he is now compared to his peers as he hasn’t played any junior hockey this year and is currently subjected to play on the worst KHL team in history

I get what you're saying, but FWIW, Carlsson and Michkov are both playing in top tier pro leagues. And SHL and KHL have similar levels of difficulty. They're almost exact peers with the same birth month. You still have the Sochi factor.

For me this is about how to evaluate how they look. What they are up against matters. Not directed at you, but I sometimes hear the discussion run along the lines of "who's points matter more" and I don't think that is as helpful. It's better to talk about mental and physical capabilities.

Reactions: domi28

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

This tells you nothing about how or why Michkov is a better player today.

That’s just living by the past& not the current.
These are prospects, they develop at different rates.

So how can anyone say clearly the best player available after Bedard is Michkov then?
There’s nothing to base that on today

Reactions: majormajor

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Something about Fantilli just doesn't make me excited. He also doesn't strike me as a Jarmo guy from the interviews I've seen of him. I voted Carlsson because he's a center, but I wavered between him and Michkov.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Something about Fantilli just doesn't make me excited. He also doesn't strike me as a Jarmo guy from the interviews I've seen of him. I voted Carlsson because he's a center, but I wavered between him and Michkov.

It's funny you say that.. having essentially watched none of any of these guys, I feel the same way about Fantilli. Couldn't really tell you why. That's also why I haven't voted :)

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Who is the bigger rink rat? Who has the higher passion for the game? I'm tired of getting players that only play hockey because they're good at it, not because they have that inner drive to better themselves once they've made it to the NHL.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1