Who did we give up for tomas plekanec ?

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Potentially the ability to trade up and draft K'Andre Miller.

As much as I like Sandin, I think Miller has the same potential with better physical tools.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Hindsight is always 20/20 but I think it was a bad trade right from the get go. Would have been better off doing anything with that pick instead of wasting it on Plekanec.

Hindsight is right.

Imho. Without the experience and grit of Pleks we wouldve been swept 4-0 by Boston and Marchand wouldve licked more players with glee.

We bought confidence for our young players. Gm 7 with Boston is no joke.
Imagine the team getting swept after a season like 2017.

Pleks took the focus off of our big 3. Which we all know 34 and 29 were virtual no shows - and Marner was the only threat consistently.

Pleks made a diff in the playoffs, and we were a lucky bounce away from going to rd 2 winning 4 in a row vs Boston.

Hindsight is hindsight for a reason.

Reactions: thewave

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Hindsight is right.

Imho. Without the experience and grit of Pleks we wouldve been swept 4-0 by Boston and Marchand wouldve licked more players with glee.

We bought confidence for our young players. Gm 7 with Boston is no joke.
Imagine the team getting swept after a season like 2017.

Pleks took the focus off of our big 3. Which we all know 34 and 29 were virtual no shows - and Marner was the only threat consistently.

Pleks made a diff in the playoffs, and we were a lucky bounce away from going to rd 2 winning 4 in a row vs Boston.

Hindsight is hindsight for a reason.
Ya, I'd rather have the pick back.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I get angry just thinking about this p*** ant.

Pleks was a jack ass and a stick in the mud.

Terrible after the trade and crappy for 2-3 games in the playoffs. I hope he gets his contract with MTL and the fans boo his new sad attitude.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Ya, I'd rather have the pick back.

That's not the point though. It wasn't as bad as people say when it came down to the POs, Bergeron had his production tank compared to when he wasn't playing Pleks. I would rather have had the pick back too but I also would have rather had picks from JVR Bozak Martin Komarov all being sold over the past 2 years rather than let them walk.

Now, if we get JT here all sins are clearly forgiven because it's like winning a draft lottery over again for free and that far exceeds JVR and Bozak even though JVR is good in his own right.

Reactions: Smif

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I would have liked Olofsson. Probably over Durzi. Would have liked a few other guys as well. Stotts was a pretty nice pick, and SDA has some upside, but we need centers a lot more than we need RD in the pool. Especially since we ended up taking 3 by the end of the draft (Durzi, Hollowell and Kral).

At least next year we can focus on centers. We are fine at RD. Maybe could use another LD or two, but that can come later. If we see Scott and Bouthillier in the AHL in 2019-2020, we could see a goalie taken as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad