Who did we give up for tomas plekanec ?

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Olofsson was a solid pick. I would've gone with Hallander who went a couple picks later.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Would it be worst for Hab fans for them to know I really hope the pick turns out for them? It's like giving a homeless person a scratch lotto ticket.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If you want to shuffle the deck you could argue we dropped 4 spots and got a 3rd to ease the expense.

He was worth it anyways once used correctly. One of the only reasons we went to game 7. Played well against Bergeron.

Reactions: iSophagus

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
If you want to shuffle the deck you could argue we dropped 4 spots and got a 3rd to ease the expense.

He was worth it anyways once used correctly. One of the only reasons we went to game 7. Played well against Bergeron.
No... he didn't. 36% CF, 41% xGF is bad, man. He got eaten f***ing alive by Bergeron.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Who did we give up for Toskala?
Agreed that these things are major speculation - different teams wouldn’t draft different players. However, San Jose basically turned Toskala into Couture:
  • We traded a 1st (13th overall), 2nd and 4th for Toskala and a salary dump (Bell)
  • San Jose traded said 1st and 2nd, plus a 3rd, to St. Louis for 9th overall, then picked Couture 9th

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
It's not about what we gave up to acquire Tomas Plekanec.

It's more about what Tomas Plekanec brought to our run to the playoffs, and, the contributions he made against Boston in the 1st round.

Well, Tomas Plekanec, the lifelong Hab, BROUGHT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of VALUE to our Leafs!

I trust that our management team has learned something! DO NOT TRADE for anyone from the Habs ever again!

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

It's more about what Tomas Plekanec brought to our run to the playoffs, and, the contributions he made against Boston in the 1st round.

Well, Tomas Plekanec, the lifelong Hab, BROUGHT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of VALUE to our Leafs!

I trust that our management team has learned something! DO NOT TRADE for anyone from the Habs ever again!

Hilarious, it was only when he was actively on Bergerons butt that we actually won anything. Say what you want but he wasn't the cause. Matthews not hitting another gear along with Nylander doing the same was exponentially worse.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca

He had one good game in the playoffs. Worthless turtleneck.

Reactions: Al14

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Worse, Couture. We gave up a 1st and a 2nd, which San Jose used to trade up from Eller's spot and draft Couture.
It's not a guarantee we would have made a trade for couture like they sharks did, so no, its not couture.

Reactions: Kurtz

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Hilarious, it was only when he was actively on Bergerons butt that we actually won anything. Say what you want but he wasn't the cause. Matthews not hitting another gear along with Nylander doing the same was exponentially worse.
Name the assets we gave up in the trade for Matthews and Nylander?

Different issues.

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
Hindsight is always 20/20 but I think it was a bad trade right from the get go. Would have been better off doing anything with that pick instead of wasting it on Plekanec.

Reactions: Brown Dog and Al14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad